H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
Level Up, is a cohort-based onboarding experience designed to help our newly hired digital talent get acclimated to H-E-B through networking, training, and volunteer opportunities, Tech Talks, and additional hands-on experiences. We believe Level Up will help us strengthen our world-class Digital teams right from the start while helping us build tomorrows tech and people leaders. Watch a short video about Level Up by clicking here
About H-E-B Design
The design team is on a mission to design and build the absolute best software and experience for our customers and H-E-B Partners while driving exceptional business results. We mix user-centric design with business savvy, focusing on two key user segments.
Customers use compelling digital experiences that capture everything inspiring about food and wellness, while delivering incredible convenience and simplifying the grocery experience to be nothing short of delightful.
H-E-B Partners are equipped with world-class business applications and tools to thrive in their jobs so together we can ensure that the customer experience is top-notch online, in-store, or anywhere else. H-E-B Partners take a stand together to achieve our Bold Promise to focus on how we treat our customers, developing great people, maximizing sales growth, and serving our communities.
H-E-B's Bold Promise is to build the greatest retailing company, and at the heart of this Bold Promise, we believe each and every person counts.
About H-E-B Wellness
On the H-E-B Wellness team, our goal is to provide every Texan with affordable, delicious, and nutritious food plus convenient access to quality primary care and pharmacy services to get and stay well. Our current digital services include a digital meal planning and inspiration program, primary care for Partners and customers, and pharmacy.
In this role, you will support content design and content strategy across Wellness initiatives. Projects may include:
- designing a digital meal planning and inspiration program focused on low carb lifestyle products and recipes
- evolving the H-E-B Wellness brand voice across digital touchpoints
- incorporating content changes to defined products based on customer feedback and behavior
- creating information architecture and writing content for wellness websites
We are looking for:
- A Passionate Partner looking to actively grow content design, UX writing, copywriting, systems thinking, and storytelling skills
- Ability to follow a design approach as guided by more senior designers
- Ability to follow and contribute to writing style guidelines
- Ability to write with both creativity and consistency within a controlled domain/vocabulary
- No professional experience required. College, bootcamp, self-taught, and other equivalent experience is a bonus
Content Designers at H-E-B:
Design features that improve customer and partner experience:
- Perform a range of design tasks
- Contribute to already-defined design goals that impact a single project or initiative
- Apply highly localized subject matter expertise to a distinct part of the experience or feature(s) within a project’s domain
- Participate in design planning and strategy but primarily focus on execution
Grow your design skills:
- Work within defined product and engineering requirements
- Consistently share early work during design reviews
- Explain design goals and rationale when presenting
- Receive critique well and iterate rapidly
- Seek out mentorship to grow craft skills
- Adapt well to change
Partner with engineering and product teams to get it done:
- Actively listen and collaborate with product and engineering counterparts
- Clearly document designs for implementation
- Support designs through delivery and deployment to production in an agile environment
- Partner with UI engineers to test new features and identify bugs prior to deploying to production
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to define broad requirements and meet design goals
- UX writing: You are familiar with UX writing (content wireframes, error messaging, localization and accessibility, cross-platform standards) and how to apply a content creative direction (tone/voice definitions, mood boards, style guide, etc.)
- Content strategy: You are familiar with content strategy (audits and analysis, narrative development, content management systems, messaging framework, information architecture)
- UX design and systems thinking: You are familiar with iterative human-centered design process, design thinking, design research, and user needs; understands how a piece of content fits into a broader user experience
- Copywriting: You have strong copywriting skills (tone / voice, SEO, long-form writing, customer-facing messaging, and production design support), including spelling and grammar
- Storytelling and communication: You have strong verbal and written communication and storytelling skills with an understanding of how narrative shapes the work
- Speaking/writing Spanish skills a definite plus