H&R Block is looking for an Associate Content Designerto reinvent our digital experiences by empowering customers.
The entry-level Associate Content Designer is an essential role in transforming our brand from seasonal tax prep to a year-round financial services provider. You might call yourself a content strategist, UX writer, information architect, product writer, or something else. You translate complex topics in accessible ways and report to a senior content design leader. The Customer Design team is the UX nucleus for our client experiences, delivering our expertise and care every day.
What you’ll do
- Contribute end-to-end content across our products for tax prep and financial services, product support, help centers, chatbots
- Deliver content design that achieves our business strategy and solves customer problems, ensuring it is clear and engaging
- Support the direction of the senior content design leader while pushing for new thinking
- Advocate for the customer through human-centered design methods, ensuring our products speak their language and meet their needs
- Immerse yourself in research to develop deep customer empathy
- Learn to advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- Conceptualize a broad spectrum of ideas and then narrow them based on experimentation and customer research
- Participate in design reviews and critiques and learn how to give and receive feedback
- Learn to collaborate effectively with other designers, product managers, marketers, and researchers
What you have
- 1-2+ years of UX writing experience working as part of a Content Strategy or UX writing team
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Liberal Arts, or relevant work experience
- Foundational knowledge of content strategy and design principles and methods
- Curiosity for new ideas and innovations to drive business results
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of storytelling and conversation techniques
- A passion for simplifying complex problems and understanding customer needs
- (Preferred) Experience working as part of a multidisciplinary product design or UX team
- (Preferred) Experience crafting content using design tools such as Figma
- (Preferred) A portfolio demonstrating your strong writing craft and collaborative process
What you'll bring to the team...
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 1-year Minimum related work experience
About H&R Block...
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward-thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.