Client: Financial Services
Duration: 6 months
Location: Toronto or Waterloo, ON
Our client, a recognized financial services firm is looking to hire a UX Writer for a 6 months contract based in either Toronto or Waterloo.
Your New Company
A leading financial institution, with multiple offices across Canada are looking for a UX Writer for a 6-month contract. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your New Role:
As a user experience writer, you are an advocate for a good story and good design, working to shape product experiences by writing useful, meaningful copy that helps users complete the task. You work with people in a variety of roles including UX architects, product managers, marketing and customer operations and IT. Collaborating with each, you write to a cohesive and unified voice across products and platforms. You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes supporting data.
- Write clear, accurate, and concise copy for our digital secure properties including mobile.
- Ensure content adheres to the brand voice.
- Create, edit and proofread copy to reflect UX-based principles.
- Co-ordinate content approvals from draft to final copy and sign-offs for business partners.
- Work with UX designers to ensure that the UI meets the needs of our users.
- Collaborate with marketing, legal, compliance, operations and product teams to ensure compliance with editorial standards and best practices for all content.
- Participate in user testing and analysis.
Carry out other coordination/support tasks as required.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 3 to 5 years of professional writing experience, with a minimum of 2 years writing UX-focused web copy
- Main technologies: Jira, Powerpoint and Word
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A curiosity about users and how to anticipate their needs by understanding behaviours
- Commitment to a hands-on, proactive approach to learning about the product and its audience
- Experience working closely with multiple business partners and across teams
- A background in writing for health care, insurance, or investments
- A strong understanding of user-centered design or cognitive psychology
- Proven experience working in Agile working environments
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and maintain content standards across an organization
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge of CP Style
- Understanding of accessibility standards and guidelines
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering a 6 months engagement with a reputable organization.
If you’re available and interested in this role, please reach out to Victoria.Drage@hays.com as soon as you can attaching your updated resume and hourly rate requirement.
Interested? Apply for this role