We seek an analytical wordsmith to join our team at Burgess, a HealthEdge company. As a technical writer II, you will work closely with our subject matter experts and team members to support documentation efforts for Burgess products and services. We are looking for you to be highly organized, naturally inquisitive, and able to grasp software and healthcare topics quickly and thoroughly to meet client expectations in an agile environment.
You will be able to hone your writing and decision-making skills while learning complex information and processes. Your ability to communicate important product updates in an accurate, easily digestible and timely manner will have a direct positive impact on our end users and quality standards.
- Translate complex healthcare policies and software functionality into accurate, easily digestible copy.
- Analyze, investigate, and comprehend product features to write and produce time-sensitive release notes, reference materials, and other product-related content.
- Collaborate with software developers, subject matter experts, and client support members to gather requirements for documentation needs.
- Review and revise UX microcopy for clarity and adherence to style standards.
- Research citations and source materials to ensure the delivery of accurate information.
- Maintain existing documentation, updating content such as instructions, screenshots, and workflow diagrams as needed.
- Contribute to special projects when needed, including proofing and editing content, layouts, and graphics for client-facing documents and associated media.
What You Bring
- 4-year degree in technical writing, communications, journalism, English, or a comparable field.
- 3–5 years of technical writing or relative experience.
- Strong command of the English language; able to write clearly and edit content for spelling, grammar, and mechanics, and vary writing style to meet specific audiences.
- Strong critical analysis skills and enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and balance the need for direction with self-motivated efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Ability to collect, research, and understand complex or diverse information, and translate it into clear and concise written communication.
- Strong interpersonal skills—treat people with respect, keep commitments, inspire the trust of others, and work ethically and with integrity.
- Belief in fostering a fun, enjoyable working environment (we value team bonding) while performing excellent, diligent work.
- Familiarity with the healthcare industry.
- Experience in an agile SDLC environment.
- Experience with Madcap Flare and/or familiarity with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator.
HealthEdge commits to building an environment and culture that supports the diverse representation of our teams. We aspire to have an inclusive workplace. We aspire to be a place where all employees have the opportunity to belong, make an impact and deliver excellent software and services to our customers.
Geographic Responsibility: While Burgess is located in Alexandria, VA you may live anywhere in the U.S.
FLSA Classification (USA Only): Exempt
Work Environment: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the office. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work across multiple time zones in a hybrid or remote work environment.
- Long periods of time sitting and/or standing in front of a computer using video technology.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. HealthEdge reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Candidates may be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check.
HealthEdge is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.