Hinkley is proud to be a 4th generation family company and loves what we do. We’ve been around for 100 years with a mission to create a chic, innovative lighting that illuminates the special moments of life, from the hustle of day-to-day moments to the joyful glow of memorable occasions. We've been around a long time and learned a few things along the way... and one of the most important is that meaningful experiences with our products and our people are more important than business transactions. It's the relationships that matter: with our customers, colleagues and partners. We call it 'Life Aglow.'
Hinkley is chock-full of people who recognize that our lighting becomes a significant part of someone's home and lifestyle - and we have a passion for making it the best possible experience at every touch point. We believe that accountability, trust and professionalism inspire confidence in our products and our brand. We're transforming the lighting industry and people are noticing.
The Web/Digital Content Specialist will build, proofread, test and launch digital content. This position will collaborate with various departments such as marketing and sales to gather assets and materials and identify production requirements. This position is responsible for providing high-quality digital marketing solutions including content publishing, maintenance and measurement, SEO, social media, and paid media campaign support. The Web/Digital Content Specialist will assist in content strategy and provide digital analysis while ensuring strategy and tactics are aligned with the brand. This position will also provide tech support for the website by coordinating technical tickets, problem-solving and providing timely solutions.
This full-time role is based at Hinkley company headquarters in Avon Lake, OH. This position is NOT A FULLY REMOTE ROLE, it will require several days working on-site in our offices but it does have the flexibility for up to 2 days per week remote.
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with various teams, management, and external service providers to gather assets and identify production requirements of digital marketing programs.
- Builds, tests and launches digital content in a timely manner.
- Design, produce, publish and update digital campaign websites and landing pages, incorporating SEO and web accessibility best practices (ADA) on various websites (Hinkley.com, Outlet.Hinkley.com, shopHINKLEY.com, and LarkLiving.com).
- Support testing and development efforts as needed for new application releases.
- Adhere to the timelines set forth by the content calendar and ensure all work is tested and published on schedule.
- With input from the marketing team, coordinate the removal of outdated information. Ensure digital content is kept up-to-date and landing pages are refreshed regularly.
- Ensure quality of content across all platforms, fix display issues, and escalate coding errors and bugs.
- Uphold brand / style guidelines, and review all content for optimized SEO and UX best practices.
- Assists with researching, developing and proposing new process improvements to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of digital marketing tools and programs.
- Supports the creation of documentation that defines how to utilize, maintain and troubleshoot web applications.
- Participates in defining and implementing analytics systems that actively measure, manage, optimize and communicate the performance of Hinkley’s digital platforms.
- Participates in promotion/content marketing strategy development and execution.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed in support of Hinkley Lighting’s strategic plan.
- Provide monthly analytics on the Website (using Google Analytics/GA4) and other digital initiatives.
- Works under the general direction and guidance of the Web Administrator
Education and Work Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related area. An associate degree with additional related work experience will be considered.
- 3-5 years of digital/web production experience
Necessary Specialized Training, Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), such as Magento, Drupal, Sitecore, WordPress, etc.
- Basic website publishing knowledge.
- Some experience in web analytics, A/B testing or digital content personalization tools.
- Skilled in HTML and CSS.
- Knowledgeable of responsive design best practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of software including Adobe Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and code editors such as Sublime or Atom.
- Understanding of UI/UX, image optimization, and video hosting.
- Knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices.
- Experience in web-based graphic design or web interface design.
- Proficient in working with Windows and Mac environments.
- Demonstrated project planning skills including the ability to translate strategy into tactical deliverables.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Desire to learn, improve skills and research creative solutions to various challenges.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The following descriptions are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work in an office and perform in a corporate environment
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Ability to view computer screen and type on a keyboard
- Ability to converse over a telephone (hear, speak)
We are committed to providing a total reward package including a market-competitive salary, an annual performance bonus for every position in the company, a comprehensive benefits program, a community service volunteer program and much more! Our benefits package includes 401(k) plan with company match, comprehensive health insurance coverage, paid time off (PTO), 10 paid holidays, life insurance, short-term disability, wellness programs, voluntary benefits including dental, vision & more, flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care and employee product purchase discounts.
WHAT IS AT OUR CORE:
- Working as a professional family which cares about people
- Passion for growth and doing whatever it takes
- Empowering people to take action and try new things
- Common vision and goals
- Focus on the customer & end user
- Hinkley quality & brand really mean something
- Honesty and integrity
- Enjoyment, fun, friendliness, life-work balance
Hinkley is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (including Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.