The Technical Writer develops and edits a variety of technical documentation such as user manuals, standard operating procedures, documented processes, training materials, technical design specifications, etc. for a wide range of uses.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation.
- Checks documentation for spelling, grammar, content problems, and accuracy.
- Creates and maintains document templates and layouts and ensures that all documentation adheres to them.
- Maintains/edits various publications, which may include but are not limited to technical documents, reports, student guides, instructor guides, course material, and other reference materials, ensuring adherence to standards, formats, and content/structure integrity and usability.
- Performs editing and proofing of all documents created in the Program Office to ensure that materials are grammatically correct and consistent with policies, office standards, and established formats.
- Applies a consistent set of style, grammar, and punctuation practices.
- Selects illustrative materials for inclusion in various publications. These include, but are not limited to photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts.
- Develops documents that meet the style requirements for the publication and are written at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
- Performs initial reviews of publications for tone, design, layout, editorial, and production specification aspects before final review/approval.
- Organizes material and completes assignments that require set standards regarding organization, structure, clarity, conciseness, and terminology.
- Maintains files and copies of work assignments and revisions according to Program Office recommendations and/or established best practices/standards.
- Must be proficient with MS Office suite and training tools
- Must possess strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong customer service skills, keen attention to detail, flexibility in adapting to changing environments, timely follow-through, and a commitment to learning new skills are required.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills and the willingness to be proactive and take initiative are required.
- The ability to build and use effective working relationships and to work independently as an effective team player is required
- None required for this position
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 75% of the time.
- Occasionally moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machineries, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Expresses or exchanges ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Frequently moves standard office equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work indoor conditions 90% of the time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend hours are required, as required by business needs.
- No travel is required for this position.
- Must possess at least 7-10 years of experience in a technical writing role and at least one year of experience writing software documentation and training.
- Bachelor's degree in a technology discipline or related field or equivalent work experience directly within functional area
- Must possess a Public Trust.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested? Apply for this role