In January 2021, Hopin announced its acquisition of StreamYard, the leading live streaming studio which allows content creators to create professional-quality video streaming experiences. In addition to eventually integrating its features into the Hopin platform, StreamYard will continue to also offer its live streaming studio tools to independent content creators.
We love StreamYard and its community. We work tirelessly to improve our tool and create the best experience possible. Our users tell us that StreamYard makes streaming fun – and easy! You don’t need to be a tech or streaming expert to get started. And even though StreamYard is simple, techy folks love how powerful it is under the hood, and how effective it is for streaming group discussions.
We’re looking for a Content Marketer to join our small marketing team. You will collaborate closely with our marketing team as well as cross-functionally, and have full ownership of all our content. As an individual contributor, you will still have a huge, quantifiable impact on the success of our product, and help us shape our brand.
- Own our brand and tone of voice. You will work on a variety of media, and create videos, blog posts, and live streams to shape our online presence and spread the word about StreamYard. You will be strategic and design a content plan supporting our goals, but also tactical in maintaining and executing them.
- Innovate and experiment. You’ll be able to extend your creative muscle besides traditional media, and pioneer forms of content we haven’t explored yet (ebooks, short-form videos, etc.).
- Measure impact. Unleash your creativity when creating content, then measure, analyze, and report its performance to make sure it hit your goals and enables cross-functional teams.
- You’re a storyteller. You write for your readers, and your communication is strong, engaging, and always on point. Your messages are always compelling, no matter the topic or the medium.
- You’re passionate about content creation, especially in modern formats. You might have a Youtube channel, a podcast, or a thriving social media account. No matter the medium, you genuinely enjoy creating content and doing it yourself.
- You’re a precise executor, with a strategic mind. You know that high-quality execution requires attention to detail and a strong strategy, and you can deal with both. Your strategy is ambitious but always built around metrics guiding your effort.
- You’re organized. You know how to handle multiple platforms and content schedules. Your organizational skills and tricks help you stay on top of all your deadlines.
- You understand remote work. We are an international, distributed, and remote team. Ideally, you have experience with working remotely and understand how to navigate it.
- You are located between GMT -4 and GMT -6, or open to work those hours.
- Application. Please include a cover letter telling us what makes you excited about content and/or StreamYard
- Submission of a short video. We'll ask you to share a short video. Instructions will be emailed.
- Recruiter chat. Focus on what you’re looking for and why this role might be a good fit for you. We will also tell you about our product.
- Hiring Manager chat. Focus on your experience and background.
- Live Technical Challenge. You’ll work on a sample problem with someone from the team. At this stage, we’d like for you to have a clear understanding of who we are and our product
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Hopineers are truly around the globe! But unfortunately, we can’t yet offer employment in every country, and the contract available depends on location. For this role, we are accepting candidates residing in:
- Direct Employment: Canada, Germany, Ireland, Portugal, Spain, UK, USA
- Full-Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community, and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's crucial to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise.
Interested? Apply for this role