Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for an Internal Content Strategist. This position may be filled remotely or in any of our office locations.
As a key member of the firm’s Client Development Team, the Internal Content Strategist is responsible for cultivating communications for internal audiences, with a focus on building strategies and tactics to deliver content for various stakeholders; ensures Husch Blackwell attorneys and business professionals are kept informed, educated, engaged and inspired.
The Internal Content Strategist will work collaboratively with the Senior Manager – Internal Communications to align internal and executive messaging with the company’s vision, mission, and strategic plan while helping to strengthen firm-wide transparency and enhance employee access to information.
The role requires a wide variety of organizational and communications skills to develop compelling written and visual content to be used on our internal channels. The ideal candidate has a genuine interest and curiosity in improving methods of internal communication and finding new ways to tell old stories.
Essential job functions include:
- Source compelling employee stories and generate engaging content to be used across multiple platforms.
- Plan, organize and attend meetings and events that encourage two-way dialogue between management and business professionals—as well as colleagues on different teams—to encourage knowledge sharing.
- Identify the scope of priorities related to communication opportunities for specific groups (eg., position, department, office location).
- Actively contribute to editorial planning and execution; Measure communication effectiveness by gathering metrics and feedback.
- Interpret internal communications data and user feedback to evaluate and improve internal communications and employee engagement.
- Works closely with direct supervisor to maintain, develop and administer internal programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly the fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce an acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce a quality final work product.
- High level of professional integrity is required; the ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Husch Blackwell is committed to maintaining the health and wellbeing of our people and our communities. As such, our Firm requires all Partners and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit a negative COVID-19 test result weekly. This policy applies to all partners and employees, including those working from home/remotely. If an accommodation to this policy is needed, please inquire for more information.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Marketing, Communications, Design or related field; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience working closely with leadership and strong experience of building relationships to deliver results.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of personalities at all levels of the organization to achieve common objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full-time base annual salary for this position in the Denver, CO market is expected to range between $71,000- $105,000. Salaries in other markets will vary depending on market data. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full-time employees receive benefits including medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Experience working closely with leadership and strong experience in building relationships to deliver results
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- 3-5 years: Relevant experience, preferably in a professional services environment