Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with multiple locations across the United States, serving clients with domestic and international operations. We have an immediate opening for a Learning Content Designer. This position may be filled remotely or in any of our office locations.
The Learning Content Designer is responsible for content design and development for a variety of audiences and delivery modes to achieve desired learning outcomes. The Learning Content Designer is also responsible for the facilitation and delivery of technical and professional learning programs. Essential job functions include:
- Build instructionally sound, creative, and high-quality learning products to meet organizational needs.
- Partner directly with subject matter experts to design and develop engaging content for a variety of audiences and delivery modes (online, webinar, etc.) with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes.
- Visually represent complex concepts and ideas in compelling ways.
- Evaluate and implement high-quality eLearning development solutions.
- Maintain, collaborate with team members, and revise existing learning products, keeping content relevant and efficient while achieving desired learning objectives.
- Designs and executes learning programs using a variety of methodologies, including classroom, distance, and online learning.
- Ability to create effective supporting course materials, including documentation, design documents, and eLearning materials.
- Demonstrate an ongoing willingness to learn about innovative learning solutions, learning delivery methods and learning content.
- Project self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm as well as master a fluid presentation in a classroom environment.
- Communicate verbally in a professional and effective way.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The physical activity of this position:
- Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Pushing. Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling. Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.
- Grasping. Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling. Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly the fingertips.
- Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive Motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and or fingers.
The physical requirements of this position:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
The visual acuity requirements include color, depth perception, and field vision:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position:
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).
- Ability to deliver superior service to all internal and external customers and communicate effectively.
- Ability to interact in a professional and courteous manner with clients and employees at all times; professional appearance required.
- Ability to successfully perform position requirements with excellent organizational, time-management and prioritization skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team; ability and willingness to adapt to changing business demands.
- Ability to produce an acceptable amount of work efficiently and accurately; ability to produce a quality final work product.
- Ability to exercise good judgment at all times by making sound and practical decisions; ability to assume responsibility for decisions and act decisively under deadlines.
- A high level of professional integrity is required; the ability to maintain confidentiality and build trust.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Husch Blackwell is committed to maintaining the health and well-being of our people and our communities. As such, our Firm requires all Partners and employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit a negative COVID-19 test result weekly. This policy applies to all partners and employees, including those working from home/remotely. If an accommodation to this policy is needed, please inquire for more information.
- 4-year degree with major coursework in Training, Instructional Design, or Computer Sciences preferred.
- 3-5 years experience as an instructional designer in a professional services environment.
- 3-5 years of experience facilitating training programs in a classroom environment.
- 2+ years experience with Learning systems and eLearning development software (such as Articulate, Camtasia, Vyond, etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of training methodology.
- Ability to carry out the function of the position in a confidential manner.
- Ability to prioritize workflow and organize diverse material.
- Ability to perform effectively with moderate supervision and within established time limits and ongoing deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, including the ability to meet flexible time demands.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced Knowledge)
- Content Design and Storyboarding
- E-Learning Design and Development (Articulate, Camtasia, Vyond)
- Windows 10
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with skill and experience. The full-time base annual salary for this position in the Denver, CO market is expected to range between $74,000 - $109,000. Salaries in other markets will vary depending on market data. Bonus opportunities are non-guaranteed, and are dependent upon individual and firm performance. Full-time employees receive benefits including medical and dental coverage; life insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance; pre-tax flexible spending account for certain medical and dependent care expenses; an employee assistance program; Paid Time Off; paid holidays; participation in a retirement plan program after meeting eligibility requirements; and more.
Please include a cover letter and resume when applying.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Vet. Principal Applicants Only.
- 2 years: Experience with learning systems.
- 3-5 years: Facilitation of training programs in a classroom setting.
- 3-5 years: Instructional design within a professional services environment.