The primary function of this position is to write user and service documentation for our sequencing solutions portfolio. As a Technical Writer, you are a highly productive writer and a quick learner. You have an eye for detail and consistency, and exhibit unfailing attention to quality construction. Your strong technical skills and aptitude for organizing complex information enable you to pick up and apply new technologies, science, and standards rapidly and well.
You are dedicated to adding value, and understand the connection between product content, customer experience, and business success. Being part of a hard-working team that aspires to be the best in the industry engages your enthusiasm and commitment. You seek out opportunities to improve tools, deliverables, and processes, and show good judgment about when and how to drive change. Global thinking, consideration of downstream implications, and attention to sustainable infrastructure are part of your normal approach.
- Work with project teams to plan, write, and edit technical documentation for a variety of scientific audiences including researchers, bioinformaticians, clinicians, physicians, and internal field staff.
- Collect data by interviewing specialists, researching written material, attending training and demonstrations, using products, and observing users.
- Review market and product concept documents as input, and interview subject matter experts, to learn about customer pain points and how solutions can help them.
- Work efficiently and accurately in modern XML-based content development systems, adhering to best practices and departmental standards for terminology, content management, and reuse.
- Take photographs to illustrate the documentation and work with an illustrator to convert them to technical drawings.
- Release finished documentation and maintain organized records of all materials, drafts, and previous versions.
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
- Five + years of experience as a technical writer in a similar or related industry – biotech, healthcare, software, hardware.
- Five + years of experience writing product user documentation.
- Sophisticated understanding of the principles and practices of tech writing, content management, and reuse.
- Experience with topic-based authoring systems such as MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or DITA/XML.
- Strong organizational skills and excellent time and project management.
- This position relies on effective engagement with many groups. The best candidate will quickly gain a reputation as a strong partner who intelligently gathers input from multiple stakeholders and deals effectively with ambiguous or missing information.
- Must thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
- Easily adapt to changing project requirements and schedules.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from concept to publication under tight deadlines and changing conditions, while also functioning as a collaborative team member.
- Proficient in English, attentive to industry-leading standards, and equipped with excellent grammatical and editorial skills.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
Interested? Apply for this role