Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
You will be working on IBM Maximo, a suite of applications that enables enterprises to transform their asset management, maintenance and operations.
What you’ll do in your role:
- Drive a cohesive end-to-end content experience that moves clients through every phase of their product journey and drives their actions
- Research and design content based on user scenarios and use cases by understanding personas
- Evaluate content requests and work with stakeholders to understand the business problem, goals, and optimal outcome.
- Own the end-to-end authoring process: design, development, editing, production, accessibilioty, translation, and lifecycle management.
- Deliver content for design iterations, developing and clarifying UI terms, actively contributing to design reviews, and conducting user testing/research to validate content.
- Design, develop, and publish IBM technical content (e.g. embedded in the UI, messages, product tours, multimedia, and product documentation) that is easy to use, understand, and find. This may also include guided tours as well as training, nurture, and community content.
- Simplify technically complex concepts and details from multiple sources into consumable content that drives user actions.
- Deliver clear, inclusive, accessible, and translated content for a global audience adhering to content design practices
- Track metrics on content usage, review, and iterate to continuously improve the user content experience.
- Share work in progress, along with giving and receiving critiques.
- Collaborate directly with your Design team, Product Management, Development, Marketing, Support, Sales and Training to tell a cohesive product story. Use expertise and user empathy to influence product design decisions to deliver the best user experiences we can for our customers.
****Portfolio or samples of previous work must be presented****
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Researching and studying a subject and its context to inform content.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and design for the interactions between language and design elements to construct a logical, compelling narrative throughout a user/client journey.
- Can define and apply consistent voice and tone throughout a content journey.
- Can demonstrate high-level writing and research skills.
- Writing, curating, and editing content for accuracy, clarity, and usability, at every level of the progressive disclosure model.
- Modeling and formatting content into viable, feasible, and desirable solutions.
- Proven experience simplifying complex content for users.
- Knowledge of markup languages (such as DITA XML, Markdown, HTML) and authoring tools (Oxygen).
- Foundational understanding of UX design and design research.
- Experience working in an agile, squad-based, continuous delivery development model.
- Able to work independently, with a strong sense of responsibility and commitment to a dynamic, team-based environment.
- Portfolio or samples of previous work must be presented.
- Degree in Information Design, Writing, English, Psychology, Journalism, Communication, or related field, or a technical degree.
- An awesome and positive attitude.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing (NLP) – interest and ability to learn how to infuse AI into our content operations.
- Experience with digital adoption platforms, such as WalkMe.
Interested? Apply for this role