Watson Health Content Director
At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Content Directors are the creative field leaders who will drive the day-to-day planning and execution of content design and creation – culminating in stories and messages cutting through the clutter of the market. This role reports to the Business Unit Content Leader (Editor-in-Chief) with a dotted line to his/her respective Product Marketing Leader(s). The Content Director’s role includes but is not limited to:
- Own the development of original assets through the end-to-end process including: concepting, testing, storyboarding, selecting the right creation model/partner, producing, reviewing directly and then facilitating necessary reviews/approvals, and publishing.
- Create content on his/her own through things like blog writing, presentation development, copy editing, social tiles, video creation, etc.
- Develop Stories into concepts that ultimately turn into experiences that resonate with audiences, reinforce our credibility in the space, and are relevant to what we sell.
- Search for original insights that can lead to original ideas through questioning the world around us and always striving to be best use of our audience’s time.
- Provide input into the appropriate creation model (in-house, MSC, agency) depending on creative considerations. Liaise across internal teams and external partners once a content model is determined.
- Create and own the content blueprint; the plan for the assets we will create in order to develop audience journey relationships and tell stories.
- Create, manage and collaborate through our work planning tools like Crystal.
- Review content performance using analytical tools, and then optimize that content to continue to improve performance in market.
- Champion quality storytelling within the diamond teams and be the advocate for original high-quality stories and compelling, original assets versus short-term metric bumps.
- Develop experiences that clearly differentiate IBM Watson Health in the marketplace, while applying health industry best practices and knowledge at every step.
- Create compelling end-to-end journeys that include web/digital/social, face-to-face, thought leadership, and content marketing tactics.
Locations for this position will be one of the following cities:
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Raleigh, NC
- New York, NY1
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Must have 5+ years of experience creating healthcare content; healthcare industry experience is required.
- Must have strong creative and communications skills. The candidate also must be tech-savvy and willing to use tools to manage workflow and flawless execution of content delivery.
- Strong preference for 5+ years of experience in a content role preferably with life sciences company, provider organization, hospital/health system, payer, or a health IT company.
- Must be analytically curious and embrace using reporting tools to dig through data and evaluate performance of content.
- Must have strong writing and an eye for great design. Candidates will be asked to submit writing samples and the interview process may involve the development of work to prove your skills in a real-world simulated environment.
- Must be a collaborative partner yet provocative thought leader.
- Evidence of facilitating and initiating creative thinking in the digital space
- Must be able to develop relationships and work with a wide array of partners in content development, production and measurement, video distribution, and social media.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Embodies the 5 C’s of great communication: Clear, concise, compelling communication is critical.
Interested? Apply for this role