The UX Writer reports to the Director of Brand Design & Experience and is responsible for writing clear and concise copy across multiple digital platforms, primarily IEHP’s website. The UX Writer will offer a content strategy perspective to improve the overall user experience and ensure brand voice and message consistency across channels. The UX Writer understands consumer behavior and how digital content is consumed, and crafts and shapes narratives to align with IEHP’s Mission, Vision, and Values. The UX Writer understands the fundamentals of user experience copywriting, copy editing, communication, advertising, branding and customer service.
Major Functions (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Plan and write content for web and mobile (interaction flows, emails, product messaging).
- Turn global product requirements into a clear and engaging story for our customers (across all touch points including micro-content, UI labels, emails and long-form copy).
- Edit copy for digital channels, understand information architecture and work with internal stakeholders to keep published information updated.
- Shape content to utilize UX best practices in product writing.
- Utilize content design skills to create copy that facilitates an engaging user experience and navigation, as well as promotions, error messages, educational materials, and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Collaborate with internal business units in various contexts regarding production needs, including working with stakeholders on project scope definition and research, working with the marketing department to incorporate brand elements, and working with departments on implementation and distribution.
- Take lead in writing and editing copy to ensure all messages align with IEHP’s brand voice.
- Manage, plan, execute, and finalize copy and editing projects according to strict deadlines.
- Ensure all IEHP member materials receive regulatory approval before final production and dissemination.
- Ensure compliance with IEHP guidelines, deadlines, and design standards.
- Participate actively in team and department meetings to help grow and evolve our brand voice.
- Perform additional marketing department duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Present your work and articulate your design thinking to teammates, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate content with Brand, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience.
- Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact and push for continuous improvement that shows real business results.
- Three (3) years of experience writing copy for digital channels, including web, mobile and social media.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, journalism or other related degrees from an accredited institution is required.
In lieu of the required degree, a minimum of four (4) years of additional relevant work experience is required for this position. This experience is in addition to the minimum years listed in the Experience Requirements above.
Drivers License Required
- Yes, must have a valid California Driver's License.
- Knowledge of UX best practices, writing Calls To Action (CTA), understanding target audiences, writing tone/voice, and content strategy. Knowledge of Microsoft Word Suite. Strong grasp of written language, grammar, punctuation, and Associated Press Style. Knowledge of design software preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must be detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and possess a deep commitment to quality, accuracy, and responsiveness.
- Proofreading, editing, writing, and rewriting copy to maximize readability and user engagement skills required.
- Ability in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate with product designers and understand requirements quickly.
- Must be adept at communicating with internal and external stakeholders, inspire confidence and trust, and exhibit proactive approaches to problem-solving.
Commitment to Team Culture
The IEHP Team environment requires a Team Member to participate in the IEHP Team Culture. A Team Member demonstrates support of the Culture by developing professional and effective working relationships that include elements of respect and cooperation with Team Members, Members and associates outside of our organization.
- General office environment; using computer keyboard and screens.
The position is eligible for a Hybrid work location upon completing the necessary steps and receiving HR approval. All IEHP positions approved for telecommuting or hybrid work locations may periodically be required to report to IEHP’s main campus for mandatory in-person meetings or for other business needs as determined by IEHP leadership.
- Extension of the neck - FREQUENTLY
- Flexion of the neck - FREQUENTLY
- Twisting of the neck - FREQUENTLY
- Hearing: One-on-One - FREQUENTLY
- Communicate: Information/ideas verbally - FREQUENTLY
- Near Visual Acuity - FREQUENTLY
- Regular contacts: co-workers, supervisor - FREQUENTLY
- Memory - FREQUENTLY
- Understand and follow directions - FREQUENTLY
- Regular and reliable attendance - CONSTANTLY
- Keyboarding: 10-Key - FREQUENTLY
- Keyboarding: Traditional - FREQUENTLY
- Keyboarding: Touch-Screen - FREQUENTLY
- Sitting - CONSTANTLY
- Indoors - FREQUENTLY
- Lighting - CONSTANTLY
Inland Empire Health Plan (IEHP) is the largest not-for-profit Medi-Cal and Medicare health plan in the Inland Empire. We are also one of the largest employers in the region, designated as a “Great Place to Work.” With a provider network of more than 5,000 and a team of more than 3,000 employees, IEHP provides quality, accessible healthcare services to more than 1.5 million members. And our Mission, Vision, and Values help guide us in the development of innovative programs and the creation of an award-winning workplace. As the healthcare landscape is transformed, we’re ready to make a difference today and in the years to come. Join our Team and make a difference with us! IEHP offers a competitive salary and stellar benefits package with a value estimated at 35% of the annual salary, including medical, dental, vision, team bonus, and state pension plan.