Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a closely related field
- Minimum 4+ years of experience in technical writing
- Minimum 3 years of experience training and technical writing on complex and large-enterprise infrastructure environment
- Experience with technical applications/tools and image-capturing tools (Ex. SnagIt, and/or Adobe Framemaker)
- Knowledge and familiarity with ITIL processes
- Experience in creating documentation as it relates to computer operating systems, networks, storage, infrastructure hardware, and data center
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Vision, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience working with project teams and engineering staff to develop course content.
- Experience coordinating training programs with customers including defining the scope and content of training programs and scheduling training courses.
- Solid knowledge of technical writing standards, documentation process, and system/software engineering process.
- Clearance: Ability to obtain & maintain - Position of Trust / Moderate Risk Background Investigation
- Develops, establishes, and maintains policies, processes, and procedures.
- Collaborate with individuals from various internal functional areas within the team to generate and review new equipment, processing, set-up and operational documents within agreed-upon timelines.
- Interview subject matter experts/IT Specialists to obtain details to accurately capture content material.
- Work closely with the client’s staff and Engineering Team to develop and write content on the use of different technical equipment, computer systems, operating systems, software applications, etc.
- Communicate to the client and technical team in order to understand various technical aspects before writing about certain technical subjects.
- Review technical documents and make changes in the existing technical documents to update these as per the latest technical information.
- Research and translate technical information for non-technical and technical users.
- Originate, revise and maintain internal and external Standard Operating Procedures SOPs. Recommends and conducts document formatting and reduces the complexity of existing internal SOPs.
- Adhere to the deadlines given by the client and ensure good quality content.
- Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting governmental regulations, agency guidelines, and internal higher-level policies to assure compliance.
- Participates in all client-related Information technology projects.
- Document, update and close tickets according to the service level agreements.
IntelliDyne, LLC is a market-leading IT Services firm that has been delivering Above and Beyond consulting services to Government and Commercial clients for more than two decades. In fact, many of our first clients have enjoyed the Above and Beyond consulting experience so much that they are still partnered with us more than 20 years later. Why? Because IntelliDyne's exceptional personnel fuse industry expertise, experience, science, process, and innovative technology solutions together to help client organizations transform and realize outstanding performance outcomes. On matters of national, state, and local importance, Government organizations rely on IntelliDyne for Above and Beyond consulting services and solutions in Defense, Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, and Civilian.
IntelliDyne is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Interested? Apply for this role