At IntelliShop and we’re looking for a dynamic individual to fill our open Copywriter & Content Strategist role craft innovative, customer-focused brand experiences. The right fit will be able to jump between copy docs, proposals, sales sell sheets, white paper research studies and SEO keywords without blinking twice. This person will play a pivotal role, crafting on-brand copy, messaging, and brand strategies at the direction of the CMO.
This position will partner with internal team members and executives to articulate the IntelliShop solutions value proposition, including the positioning of products and solutions and developing a consistent and differentiated voice. This position requires both fine attention to branding in the smallest nuance as well as big picture thinking, contributing to a range of content including product marketing materials and sales collateral, business development pitch decks, blogs, white papers, ebooks, etc. If you have a knack for breaking through “marketing speak” to create clear, concise and differentiated solution positioning, this role is for you.
You should know your skills, since you'll be doing hands on work from the get-go. That means we expect you to have completed at least 5 years in the trade—preferably at a creative agency or a similar role at a relevant company—and that you really feel that you can contribute to our future growth. You’re comfortable working both autonomously and collaboratively, and you’re experienced in creative ideation and campaign thinking.
- Participate in establishing voice & tone and creating messaging guides for a diverse range of IntelliShop solution offerings including but not limited to:
- email copy & advertising copy (banners, social captions, video scripts)
- website & product copy
- editorial content for social media and long-form blogs
- white papers & case studies
- one-pagers & brochures
- Write on-voice copy that’s original, technically perfect, and fulfills the project’s goals
- Research brands, industries, customers, and audiences; glean useful and sharable insights
- Make accurate and timely revisions to your work, based on internal feedback
- Stay knowledgeable and informed in writing, editing, branding, and marketing trends and best practices
- Write creative copy with well thought through execution. Be comfortable going from research to idea and implementation on your own
- Translate user research findings into polished, engaging copy for specific audiences
- Continually test and improve our communication and challenge convention
- Communicate a point of view on copywriting trends and actively bring those references and trends to the team.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products and services to ensure that the work is cohesive and pushes the brand forward.
- Audit existing copy used in marketing campaigns and begin optimizing assets.
- Begin to work on a wide range of creative projects, developing conceptual ideas and writing all copy, with an emphasis on lead generation and organic social media campaigns.
- Revel in the details--fact-checking, lingo-lookup, and proof-reading.
- Be willing to dive into a story to pull out the good stuff.
- Work with a sense of urgency—and be willing to quickly pivot based on new information or feedback.
- Understand customer mindsets and write for an array of audience need states
- Continuously monitor and adapt messaging strategy to increase open and click-through rates, customer engagement and ultimately sales results
- Take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- BA/BS degree in Advertising or Communications (or Journalism, English, Marketing)
- Excellent writing skills you view writing as your core competency
- Demonstrated ability in creative writing
- Strong ability to simplify
- Experience in writing for many different channels/formats
- Good listener and understanding for cross-functional stakeholder management
- Ability to proactively prioritize, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints and with strong attention to detail.
- A positive, go-getter attitude; passion for storytelling and helping build a growing brand.
- Strategic, organized thinker who’s comfortable with ambiguity
- Lover of capital-D Design; it shouldn’t just look pretty—it needs to solve real business problems and clients needs
- Think holistically about your work and collaborate with other team members to make your own work – and theirs – even better
- Proven ability to apply a consistent brand voice to work across multiple channels
- User-experience-first messaging approach and ability to apply a strategic lens to writing
- Knowledge of e-commerce and digital marketing best practices
- A positive approach to your work and those around you.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment but are always thoughtful in your choices.
- You consume the competitive landscape and know what is and what will be happening
- Portfolio of samples showcasing exceptional finished pieces as well as conceptual work
- Ability to work with senior-level executives as a partner and collaborator on messaging
Interested? Apply for this role