Do you love diving into the creation of complex, cross-site, segmented and personalized content plans?
Are you equally intrigued by the power of one, single word to positively impact user outcomes?
Does the idea of helping to create an entirely new content strategy practice within a rapidly growing UX team delight you?
If so, then you’re who we’re looking for!
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
We’re growing and looking to add a passionate Sr. Content Strategist to our nimble and customer-focused product design team.
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
As the Sr. Content Strategist on a product team, you’ll:
- Contribute to the creation of a coherent vision and experience strategy for a product, product line, or family of products
- Help to establish and evangelize the role of Content Strategist; mentor more junior practitioners
- Employ storytelling and persuasive techniques that build trust and establish long-term relationships with teams and partners
- Assume ownership of the creation and maintenance of a Jungle Scout branded product editorial style guide to include voice, content style standards, terminology, common UI and interaction patterns, feature naming, and more
- Create site information architecture, menus, and navigation schema
- Identify, map, and execute plans to integrate supplemental content into the core user experience
- Drive on-page and cross-page SEO tactics to increase ranking and drive traffic
- Partner across product and research teams to drive content tests that measurably improve the customer experience
- Assist in the formation of UX data collection, tagging and tracking plans to increase the measurability of design impact
- Define content elements and their states/actions within the Jungle Scout design systems
- Craft messaging strategies for errors, alerts, notifications and instructional copy that deliver a consistent experience and mitigation strategy
- Write all text elements on the page including labels, calls to action, instructions, explanations and enticements
- Perform frequent A/B tests of copy in order to find the best performing version
- Ensure copy consistency across all user touch points to support the brand and ease users’ cognitive load
Who you are:
- You think big … and small. You are equally comfortable crafting whole-site content plans with robust customization and contextual logic as you are noodling the label for a button to find the most perfect one.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You bring your own creative ideas into the conversation and successfully influence product roadmaps.
- Empathetic and Curious.You care deeply about user success and want to discover all the ways our products could do a better job solving their problems, meeting their expectations and fueling their aspirations.
- Collaborative.You do your best work when partnering across disciplines --especially with product managers and engineers -- and love working closely with other designers to support their efforts.
- Influencer. You are a strong advocate for the value of content strategy in the overall product mix and work to help grow the footprint of content strategy as a critical component of UX Design.
- Data Centric. You enthusiastically embrace the role of data and testing in informing content strategies and copy.
- This isn’t your first rodeo. We believe experience is best measured in results and intensity (not years), but you need to have been in this game for some time (we're thinking about 5+ years of directly related experience). You’re well-versed in working on product teams in iterative & agile software development environments and you have:
- Familiarity with Figma and other prototyping tools
- Demonstrated ability to successfully deliver against role responsibilities, working with minimal guidance and direction in a fast-pace environment
- A great portfolio showing several years worth of complex content solutions
Working at Jungle Scout
- The BEST team.
- Remote-first culture.
- International Meetups.
- Access to Jungle Scout tools & experts.
- Performance Bonus.
- Flexible Vacation.
- Comprehensive Health Benefits & Retirement Program.
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.