Körber is the home for passionate people who innovate, collaborate and love what they do. Entrepreneurial spirit is our joint DNA. We develop future technologies and support talents to deploy their skills and reach their full potential. We combine our strong heritage with our understanding for local specifics and a global mindset to bring people together and create valuable solutions for our customers. We aim for being the first to do the right thing at the right time.
Join the home for entrepreneurs!
We have a full-time position available for an experienced Technical Writer working Remotely. This position will be responsible for writing technical documentation for Körber Supply Chain solutions. The writer will be focused on content for our customer’s IT staff, expert-level technical users, and ‘Citizen Developers’ employed by our customers. The writer will participate in daily scrums working directly with developers, QA specialists, and product managers.
- You ensure a superior and continuously improving level of product and documentation quality
- You collaborate with software developers and QA specialists to ensure documentation for all products is ready for a successful and on-schedule delivery
- You develop and continually improve reference manuals, diagrams, user guides, online content, release notes, and more
- You manage the documentation set using version control
- You prepare all documentation for release
- You continually recommend process improvements and best practices
- You have 7+ years of technical writing experience focused on enterprise software
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- You have demonstrated ability to convey complex technical concepts to varied audiences
- You have experience working with software developers to document code samples, API references, and technical implementation guides
- You have experience coordinating documentation requirements with geographically distributed product managers, developers, and QA specialists
- You have experience working with relational databases and creating database data dictionary documentation
- You have demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, often under deadlines, and work independently
- You have experience working remotely with proven productivity and independence
- You have demonstrated understanding of information architecture concepts and how to apply the concepts to site maps and organization schemes and structures
- You have experience translating technical and functional information for appropriate audiences
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe RoboHelp
You have proven technical acumen that includes:
- A Bachelor’s degree, a technical background, or at least 7 years of technical experience
- Understanding of the development process and fundamental programming concepts
- Ability to grasp advanced technical concepts at the solution level as well as technical details
- Experience writing Markdown-based documentation
- Knowledge of markup languages such as HTML or XML
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems including Unix, Windows, and Mac O/S
Development experience with:
- JSON and JSON schema definitions
- Consuming HTTP/REST APIs
- VSCode or Visual Studio
- Git version control (e.g. GitHub, Bitbucket, Azure DevOps)
- You have experience working with process flow diagrams to create written content a plus
- You have knowledge of warehousing concepts and Körber Supply Chain products a plus
Can you find yourself in this profile?
Then you are right at Körber. We are looking forward to getting to know you.
- You will receive a competitive salary including potential for bonuses
- You will have a flexible office/work from home schedule
- You will be working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with international clients and colleagues
- You have access to competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- You have the option to enroll in the 401K matching program
- You will have Flexible Time Off, 11 days of paid holiday and 1 day of volunteer time per year.
- You will have a fun casual, and flexible work environment
Our nation’s military veterans represent the top talent this country has to offer. They bring meaningful skills to the workplace and are assets to our company. We encourage U.S. Military Veterans to apply.
Körber Supply Chain is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Körber Supply Chain is a Business Area of Körber, an international technology group with around 10,000 employees and more than 100 locations worldwide. At Körber Supply Chain, we have a broad range of proven supply chain solutions to fit our customers' size, business strategy and appetite for growth. Our customers conquer the complexity of the supply chain thanks to our portfolio that includes software, automation, voice solutions, robotics and material handling – plus the systems integration expertise to tie it all together. Körber helps to manage the supply chain as a competitive advantage.
Interested? Apply for this role