The overall objective of this role is analyzing, writing, editing, curating, and publishing highly complex procedures, guidelines, job aids, process maps and manuals to increase productivity, improve accuracy, and contribute to organizational goals and objectives. The Business Information Content Designer will provide guidance and recommendations to all levels of leadership, business partners (internal/external) and team members.
- Serve as the Content Design Documentation Product Owner by using best practices to influence documentation decisions with the leadership team, internal and external business partners
- Create, assess, and leverage best practices of client & system procedures, guidelines, and process maps for optimal business practices
- Collaborate and leverage quality results with subject-matter experts and Process
- Owners by influencing enhancement(s) to improve quality scores in a proactive manner
- Participate as a major contributor with client manual reviews, audits and remediation action plans for procedure changes, documentation, and process maps
- Participate as a major contributor with the Intake & Governance, IT, and Ops leadership team by creating efficient workflow processes to reduce expenses and decrease SLAs for all content design documentation services
- Monitor and manage procedure change requests from the intake process and the approval process
- Develop new and maintain current Training department documentation for user training
- Develop new, enhance, and maintain existing content/documentation in accordance with each division
- Execute content design documentation conversions including user acceptance testing (UAT) and providing input for new design and enhancements
- Develop new and maintain flow charts to align with SSP procedures
- Design and development of highly complex procedures and guidelines, grids/tables/charts, job aids, process maps, videos, and manuals.
- Compile and convert older version project files (Microsoft 360/ServiceNow to Adobe RoboHelp and other web-based knowledge bases) including formatted HTML pages, images, keywords structures, table of contents, help context numbers, key search engines and landing pages
- Convert procedures and other documentation to process maps as a standard operational reference guide for leadership, clients, and 3rd party vendors
- Convert procedures to job aids as short-cut tools for process efficiencies and self-help guides
- Compile, assess, and convert procedures to create scripts for e-Videos
- Ensures content design consistency
- Facilitate and participates in the team, departmental, and business partners' conference calls and meetings
- Identify procedural, system, and process efficiencies by making recommendations and resolutions for our clients
- Participate in quality assessment of content design tools or product readiness for release
- Manage small to medium content design tickets/projects by developing project plans, setting goals and milestones, managing tasks and resources, and ensuring that goals and timelines are met
- Single procedure changes for multiple clients on a staggered publishing schedule (28+ clients)
- Multiple procedure changes and publishing timeframes for a single client
- Procedure manual reviews (over 25% of the manual content)
- New client installs
- Creating new content design, documentation and video services for GHO and non-GHO partners
- Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of leading projects, teams or process
- 3+ years in content design
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Knowledge of content design models and principles and a demonstrated ability to apply them to the design and development of content/documentation which meets the needs of a diversity of readers is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of various software programs- Microsoft Office 365 including Power BI and Visio or iGrafx
- 3+ years of insurance, mortgage or financial services experience
- Knowledge of web-based software applications or authoring tools- Helpjuice, ServiceNow and RoboHelp
- Knowledge of insurance tracking systems or processes- SSP, AssurTrack, TrackAll, PMS, Black Knight and other tracking systems
- A plus to have knowledge of animation software tools for videos, photography, design, web, UX and more- Vyond, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe Creative Cloud
You should know: Your safety matters! Vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement for this job in compliance with current client and governmental policies. A Kelly recruiter will confirm and share more details with you during the interview process.
With Kelly®, it all adds up.
You’re looking to keep your career moving onward and upward, and we’re here to help you do just that. Our financial staffing experts connect you with top companies for opportunities where you can learn, grow, and thrive. Jobs that fit your skills and experience, and most importantly, fit right on your path of where you want to go in your career.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly’s Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California’s state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.