The UX Content Writer is responsible for producing compelling, informative and engaging content across a broad range of digital product experiences for B2C and B2B external audiences, including current and prospective members, dentists, groups, brokers and corporate audiences. This individual will be a strong UX writer and create digital content for websites, product microcopy, user education, product-related emails and other digital products. This role will support Product Development and Marketing. Writing should adhere to brand guidelines, ADA compliance and UX writing best practices. All content should be succinct, engaging and voice- appropriate content for the intended audience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces and maintains user-focused content for websites and other digital products with special attention to the succinct and compelling copy.
- Produces content that aligns with brand guidelines and maintains content consistency and unified brand voice across products and platforms.
- Develops corporate and strategic messages and content for the enterprise, which requires understanding complexities, including insurance industry regulations, product characteristics, and understanding the health care industry.
- Presents complex ideas in an understandable, relatable and engaging format.
- Writes compelling, user-friendly content that can scale across a range of web products to drive brand awareness, engagement and help users complete their desired tasks.
- Collaborates closely with UX designers, developers and project managers to continuously improve the quality of our content across channels.
- Earns trust and builds relationships across the entire enterprise to gain a deep knowledge of priority projects and company initiatives.
- Manages multiple projects in a fast-moving, Agile delivery schedule.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Possess a strong customer focus
- Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Strong understanding of UX best practices and principles
- Ability to formulate content strategy and develop content architecture for enterprise websites
- Ability to closely collaborate and iterate with product designers
- Excellent writing with the ability to adjust tone and voice for different audiences and products
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what content users are seeking and to engage them in the conversation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, communicate effectively with team members and meet short- and long-term deadlines.
- Possess a high level of creative consistency, brand adherence and attention to detail.
- Experience with mobile-first writing and user testing and research.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with cloud-based tools (e.g. Confluence) and web platforms (e.g., Adobe Experience Manager)
- Experience working in a fast-paced Agile environment, including quick adaptation and iteration. Knowledge of Kanban product development helpful.
- Familiarity with section 508 ADA compliance and SEO best practices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree is required
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience required
COMMUNICATION & INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Written: Ability to write product content for various audiences that adheres to UX industry guidelines, AP style, ADA compliance and mobile-ready standards
- Verbal: Ability to clearly and concisely communicate to colleagues at all levels in the organization
- Interpersonal: Ability to effectively work in teams toward a common purpose
- 3-5 years writing microcopy for product development teams working in an Agile or Kanban environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers remotely
- Strong understanding of UX principles, ADA compliance and mobile-ready content
- Experience writing for a healthcare company or working in another highly regulated industry
- Experience redesigning large enterprise websites
- Certificate in UX writing or design
- Experience with user research and web analytics
- Experience with cloud-based tools like Confluence, Miro, Abstract, InVision, Sketch
A Bachelors degree is required
Interested? Apply for this role