Under the direction of the college official responsible for public information, implement and manage web content using a content management system; implement social media strategies; provide training and technical support to staff and faculty in association with our web presence; develop and write text for publication on the web.
- Develop and edit web pages using a content management system; proofread and edit page content including page design layout to ensure compliance with district-wide standards and industry best practices.
- Work with various campus and district administrative and departmental offices to produce, maintain and edit web-related content in a variety of formats including (but not limited to) web pages, portal channels, newsletters, blogs, articles, surveys, email campaigns and social media.
- Work with subject matter experts to ensure grammatical quality and optimal comprehension of published online content.
- Write audience-targeted text to be posted to the web and portal by interviewing others and gathering information from internal and external sources.
- Create, edit and manage content such as graphics, photography, video, and text to ensure it remains relevant, current and has a consistent style and voice; ensure appropriate metadata is maintained for the content; manage the clearance and proofreading processes for content publishing.
- Assume point-of-contact tasks and communications in response to staff and faculty questions related to document workflow, publication, content maintenance and usage of social media.
- Address website accessibility issues for disabled persons; maintain current knowledge of standards and assure compliance.
- Contribute to and implement taxonomy standards for content. E Contribute to and implement Search Engine Optimization strategy.
- Identify new content opportunities as well as necessary content changes or updates based on student feedback and organizational goals.
- Maintain the college's social media presence; train faculty and staff on the appropriate use of social media; monitor social media channels to ensure compliance with guidelines.
- Participate in groups and committees related to web-based technologies.
- Participate in the development and review of web standards; address concerns related to the college's web presence.
- Perform web-related consultant duties for campus administrative offices and departmental offices.
- Identify and evaluate new products and technologies for possible implementation; maintain current knowledge of technological advances and industry trends.
- Train and provide technical direction and advice to co-workers.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- An Associate degree or higher in communication, marketing, computer studies or a related field and two years experience with web development and/or editorial experience.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Experience with the specific conventions of writing and editing for the Web.
- Page layout and design of web pages.
- Use and applications of computer equipment including scanner, digital camera and printer. HTML and CSS.
- Interpersonal skills including tact, patience and courtesy.
- Develop, implement and oversee the college website.
- Develop, implement and oversee social media strategy.
- Improve written content with attention to detail.
- Work in a Content Management System.
- Operate various software programs in the development and maintenance of the website.
- Operate various hardware equipment including scanners, digital cameras and printers.
- Train users effectively.
- Prepare and maintain records and files.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Prioritize and schedule work.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
First Review of Applications: Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by January 3, 2023, are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point. The completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of five (5) professional references - Listed on the application form
It is the applicant's responsibility to redact (or remove) any personal information from all documents prior to uploading. This includes Social Security Numbers, Date of Birth, and any photos of the applicant.
Foreign Degree: Applicants with foreign degrees from colleges or universities outside of the United States must have their coursework evaluated by a professional association that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or Academic Credentials Evaluation Institute, INC. (ACEI). A copy of the evaluation must be submitted with your online application. Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements. EEO Plan 2021-2024
Note: The District is strongly committed to achieving staff diversity and the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, or because he/she is perceived to have one or more of the foregoing characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law, in any of its policies, procedures or practices. Discrimination-Free Work Environment
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/kccd/jobs/3838797/web-content-editor. Emails will not be accepted.