Since 1952, Lawson Products has worked hard to make our customers' jobs easier by improving their operational efficiency, productivity and overall performance. As a leader in the MRO industry, we partner with customers to make sure they have the right maintenance and repair parts on hand when needed.
We’re looking for a Content Specialist with the drive and energy to work with a growing company. The Content Specialist is responsible for producing catalogs and other product-based documents. The Content Specialist also helps prepare and upload digital assets and/or product documents into the Product Information Management (PIM) system that stores all product-related content for Lawson’s websites. This position provides support to the Digital Marketing team by producing and managing web banners and the Campaign Marketing team by providing production assistance to produce sales flyers, labels and other sales collateral.
Our corporate headquarters is located in Chicago, IL. We offer 401k plus vision, dental and medical benefits, as well as a paid holiday and PTO package.
- Produces and updates template- and script-based catalog pages for Lawson’s digital and print catalogs.
- Uploads documents to collaborative workflow systems and routes to appropriate Product Manager(s) for review and approval.
- Prepares and uploads product/item media assets to Digital Asset Management (DAM) system, associating them to products and items in the Product Information Management (PIM) system as required.
- Collaborates with Product Management, Digital Marketing and Campaign Marketing teams to define and produce monthly updates for web banners.
- Maintains web banner process documents.
- Populates and maintains vertical, sub-vertical and class taxonomy images for websites.
- Produces and updates other products and sales collateral.
- Provides support and guidance to the Product Management team, identifying content needs and eliminating inaccuracies in data and media assets from a multi-channel viewpoint.
- Assists the Campaign Marketing team with the production of sales flyers and other sales collateral as needed.
- Produces print-ready files as required, reviewing printer proofs for accuracy.
- Assists in facilitating the shooting of new product photography for web and print use.
- Assists with digital catalog testing (digital catalogs, downloadable catalogs and apps.)
- Assists with web development testing.
- Adheres to established content standards, ensuring that all content meets these standards.
- Adheres to procedures to ensure efficiency, accuracy and standardization in the production function.
- Ensures management is updated on problems, issues, and the status of ongoing projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree, plus 3 years of relevant work experience with Content Management Systems in a multi-channel environment, preferably in support of a multi-brand and/or global company, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with PCs and Macs, with the ability to develop a working knowledge of Lawson’s end-to-end Content Management System, including the Product Information Management system, Media Asset Management System, and the InDesign plug-in that accesses the information stored within these systems to produce digital publications.
- Strong working knowledge of electronic prepress technologies and composition/page layout tools, including automated composition systems and Adobe software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat). Knowledge of and experience with Digital Asset Management systems is a plus.
- Strong background in catalog production is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with item / product data for Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and catalogs, including Product Information or Master Data Management systems like Heiler or Stibo. Industrial Supply / Maintenance Repair Operations (MRO) products and customer knowledge are a strong plus.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-directed and able to perform with minimal direction.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with all team members with varying degrees of experience in technology and digital.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task while remaining accurately detail-oriented.
- Ability to be flexible as requirements change.
- Understanding relevant web technologies is a plus.
Lawson Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Interested? Apply for this role