Who are we?
At Lenses.io we are on a mission to democratize streaming data, helping businesses to operate in real-time.
Our technology allows organizations to practice DataOps, a new way of consuming, processing and moving data. Our product makes working with cutting-edge open-source technologies more accessible to users and operationalizes them for enterprises. Our customers, who range from household names like Daimler-Benz and Adidas to cloud-native startups, use Lenses to help run their strategic streaming and software applications think IoT, fraud-detection AI engines and cutting-edge consumer-facing microservices.
Looking to make a difference?
Are you someone that gets excited about building things? Keen to see your ideas and knowledge shine as they directly impact our product? This is your moment to join a high-growth tech startup on the first floor.
We are proud of our engineering culture at Lenses.io. During a steep growth period, we have a consistent and opinionated set of best practices that are helping us to scale newly minted technologies like Apache Kafka into enterprise-ready software. Are you ready to work with Kafka, Kubernetes, Streaming SQL, and other modern technologies on-prem and across clouds?
If the answer is ‘yes’ – and you are curious, open-minded, hungry, and eager to learn then Lenses.io is the place for you!
What Your Day-to-day Looks Like
- You will empower users, developers and partners by creating content that makes our software easy to learn and use via demonstrations of best practices and common use cases.
- You will be responsible for the documentation/help center website and develop and review content to educate our users to maximize the adoption of our product to their projects, help them to find answers to their questions and contribute to our knowledge base.
- Will research, author, co-author, and maintain product documentation and content on several of our outreach channels
- Will participate in strategy discussions helping to define the direction for our documentation and educational sites, create content plans for important topic areas
- Will work collaboratively with internal teams to create documentation based on best practices and use cases for customers and partners
- Will be responsible for maintaining the docs for new versions and releases and reviewing contributed content
- Will be responsible for building and contributing to knowledge base, community material and support articles
What you will bring
We are looking for a writer with the mind of a developer and an evangelist. You enjoy learning, providing feedback to developers, and participating in the wider developer and partner community. The successful candidate will demonstrate an interest in getting inside the head of a typical developer and will be passionate about turning complex ideas into simple instructions and examples.
- Great technical and data skills, ideally in streaming technologies, a strong desire to create documentation with examples and tutorials and the ability to turn complex technology concepts into simple guides, tutorials and reference documentation
- Excitement working closely with engineering teams, product managers and stakeholders and taking complex data concepts to great experiences
- Ability to work independently and manage your own projects while fostering team relationships
- Proactiveness in communicating and collaborating with product managers, program managers, developers, QA engineers, and other technical writers
- Hands-on technical writing experience. We will also consider related experience
- Are comfortable using Git
- Previous use of the following technologies SQL, data related technologies ( ideally streaming data ), APIs, and a programming language or the ability to understand code examples and DevOps practices
- Excellent (fluent) spoken and written English. All of our documentation is written in English
- Enjoyment working with remote teams
Being Part of the Lenses.io team
- You will be exposed to the front-line of streaming technology applied in the global industry. This will give you unique insights that are immensely valuable and rare
- You will join our international team with Lensiors spanning 8 countries and Offices in London, Athens, and New York. We have a distributed and remote-friendly culture to cover the full spectrum of working from a modern office to fully remote. (We are currently operating in full remote mode)
- We compete on the world stage and so will you. We aim for the top and we offer a competitive salary, options and strong benefits.
Some Of Our Benefits
- An awesome, open, and vibrant start-up environment
- Play a significant role in the development of the company and attain the opportunity for rapid career progression and personal growth
- Flexible working hours
- Choose your own equipment
- Generous holiday allowance
- An opportunity to work with exceptional, professional people at the forefront of their fields
Lenses.io is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate difference, support it, and thrive on a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. The more inclusive we are, the better we are, and our work will be.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any point through the interview process, please do not hesitate to let us know.
We’d love to hear from you! email@example.com