The Leonardo DRS Naval Electronics business provides leading naval computing infrastructure, network and data distribution and middleware enterprise services, as well as world-class manufacturing and support capabilities.
- Draft or revise technical documentation for Technical Insertion Hardware Program, such as engineering test procedures, test reports, equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions.
- Produce layouts for publication.
- Draft or revise technical documentation, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions
- Daft or revise formal Proposals
- Produce layouts for publication
- Ensure documents are compliant with applicable US DOD Documentation Requirements, e.g. DI-MGMT-81453A Data Item Descriptions.
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material
- May draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence
- Edit and improve material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Become familiar with product technologies and production methods
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedures and detail
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Review manufacturer's and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to the operation, maintenance, and service of equipment
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
- Support, communicate, reinforce, and defend the mission, values, and culture of the organization
Job Responsibilities Part II
- Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate the material.
- Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail
- 2+ years experience - Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- US Citizenship required
- US Security Clearance or the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance required.
- Fundamental knowledge of desktop publishing software, and proficient in applications such as Microsoft Word.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Apply for this role