At Lippincott, we believe every brand is in the content business. Content builds trust, credibility, and high-value relationships with people. Whether emphasizing meaningful editorial within an experience itself or building out a campaign, marketing program or experience innovation – what you say is who you are and what you do is how you bring people into your brand’s universe. If you see content in the same exciting and unique way – read on.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you will be a creator – working with a content team to come up with unique content ideas for publication across online or digital platforms. As a subject matter expert, you will be responsible for keeping clients abreast of SEO trends while helping them to achieve their SEO and business goals.
Your constant goal will be to expand ideas, experiences, and product capabilities, and support design and experience innovation that will serve both the customer’s needs and our client’s business goals.
But you’ll also be a researcher. What brands are using content in a unique way? How are they bending the rules of experience but leveraging collaboration, culture, conversation, and contextual mechanisms that make their content – more? And how might we inspire our clients to experiment with the same?
In your day-to-day, we look for you to:
- Distill complex SEO concepts into something a non-digital marketer can understand
- Explain SEO techniques and deliver strategic recommendations and opportunities for optimization to our clients to leverage their content strategy as a way to build a strong SEO presence
- Support the team in creating an inventory of existing URLs and mapping of vanities/pages/end-level content to placement in new site architectures
- Exercise creative and strategic thinking to identify and solve website problems
- Conduct keyword research, strategy assessments and competitive analyses related to SEO for our clients
- Develop high-quality and well-written presentations that communicate SEO opportunities and recommendations to clients
- Present SEO results and analysis, develop insights and provide recommendations for client optimizations
- Support technology team in completing audits of client sites, identifying, diagnosing, and creating plans to address SEO issues from a technical lens
- Work with content and brand strategy teams to develop keyword strategies to establish optimization opportunities for metadata, on-page content, and structured data
- Support project planning and roadmap development for client engagements to include SEO focus
- Be a student of fast culture-constantly auditing and keeping up with content, and social media and experience design trends and disruptors
- Collaborate on the development of information architecture, creation of new site structure, proposals for new navigation and search opportunities
- Stay up to date on the latest SEO, storytelling and content trends
- Contribute to the development of tagging strategy while partnering closely with experience design and technologists on controlled vocabulary to support the development of dynamic and personalized content experiences
- Copywrite end-level content and example content on our client’s behalf
- Help concept digital marketing campaigns that generate organic presence and achieve SEO goals
Who you are:
Passionate and collaborative:
- You are an energetic and creative SEO enthusiast; eager to roll up your sleeves and be hands-on, learn, and grow in the search marketing space
- Demonstrated problem-solver with a love for content challenges
- Self-motivated and capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously
- Able to work closely with cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams to identify new opportunities to grow clients’ businesses and deliver on a vision
- A student of fast culture, social apps and services, new experiences, physical and digital communications, and storytelling brands
Knowledgeable and skilled:
- A minimum of 4 years of hands-on experience running and managing SEO projects, preferably in an agency or consulting environment throughout the entire web development process
- Strong technical understanding from tagging structures to architecture and taxonomy
- Expertise in SEO strategy and an understanding of the evolution of SEO, data, and the role of both in modern content development is preferred
- Experience working on large-scale redesigns or e-commerce
- Strong time and project management skills as well as high attention to detail
- Experience using SEO-related tools including (but not limited to) Screaming Frog, DeepCrawl, BrightEdge, Searchmetrics, SEMrush, and AHREFs
- Experience with site analytics tools like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, or Adobe Analytics
- Strong analytical and reporting skills and proficient in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with common CMS & eCommerce platforms, including Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Commerce Cloud (formerly Demandware), and Shopify
Not required but will impress us:
- Familiarity with Tableau or Data Studio
- UX experience
- Creative writing skills in coordination with a strong sense of diverse voices and stylistic references
- Familiarity with non-traditional search engines, including Amazon, YouTube, Apple App Store, and Google Play Store.
- Experience with CRO and customer research
Lippincott is a creative consultancy specializing in brand and innovation. We have a passion for solving our clients’ toughest challenges with a proven combination of strategic rigor and design excellence. A pioneer since 1943, we have shaped some of the world’s most iconic brands and experiences.
We recognize the benefits of flexibility but also value the interactions that happen when we come together. Our new hybrid working model allows individuals to set their own cadence for working in their preferred environment with the expectation that they will be spending at least half of their time (50%) in their local office each month.
Who We Are, Together…
We embody key values that drive our culture. We demand better, reach higher, and expect more of ourselves and our colleagues. We demonstrate gratitude, offer support, and embrace optimism every day. We celebrate debate, discussion, disagreement, and feedback, with an open mind to new ways of thinking and doing. We act with passion, intention, and goodwill while building on and elevating everyone’s contributions and sharing in our collective success.
In our pursuit to make it meaningful, we want our people to feel heard, respected and valued through our words and actions – goals we can only achieve with a sustained commitment to inclusion, diversity and belonging. We seek the best and brightest ideas from a diverse representation of backgrounds and experiences because we know that’s what it takes to continuously push the boundaries, solve our clients’ most complex challenges, and foster an inspiring culture of rigorous creativity. We celebrate and leverage our differences and our commonalities, so everyone feels safe, supported and encouraged to be wide open, to say “yes, and!” and to demand better of ourselves and one another. We aspire to be positive role models for inclusion at an individual level, corporate level, and societal level.
Lippincott is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All employment decisions at Lippincott are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, national origin, age, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in locations where we operate. We are committed to promoting a workplace of which we can all be proud.