We’re seeking a performance-driven Marketing Manager to lead content marketing for our Product Design and CRM/Loyalty offerings. In this exciting new role, you’ll spearhead the vision and execution of the annual marketing plan for these business units, and oversee content strategy with creation/production oversight and service positioning. You’ll be responsible for creating content that engages our current clients, attracts new leads, and drives customer acquisition through digital campaigns. You are both creative and strategic, with an intimate understanding of the impact content can have on the customer acquisition and sales process. This role reports directly to Material’s Sr. Director of Marketing and works closely with our Austin-based team (formerly known as T3).
Material is a modern marketing services firm powered by sophisticated analytics, deep human understanding, and a specialized type of creativity, design thinking. Headquartered in LA, the company has grown consistently for nearly 50 years to 1200+ employees in 20 offices including NY, Chicago, San Francisco, Austin, and London. Material has actively acquired a portfolio of businesses to build a unique, integrated marketing services business with key capabilities in analytics, intelligence, and experience for an array of top-tier clients in entertainment, tech, retail, healthcare, and packaged goods.
- Develop and oversee Material's content strategy for our Product Design and CRM/Loyalty business units
- Lead the strategic execution of targeted direct marketing tactics, including website content, product campaigns, newsletters, blogs, social media, etc.
- Help develop Material’s presence via earned, owned, and paid channels to communicate our vision, increase brand awareness and improve positioning in the market
- Challenge norms by creating campaigns that are innovative and effective, creating narratives that will engage new leads, and resonate with current clients
- Analyze market research, forecasts, competitive analyses, and consumer trends in order to translate results into actionable insights for the marketing team
- Monitor campaign performance by implementing key marketing performance metrics and tracking tools to assess campaign performance and determine the impact on profitability
- Maintain content calendar and cross-collaborate with the larger Material marketing team to gain efficiencies
- Effectively manage relationships with internal thought leaders, copywriters, and designers (both freelance and agency partners)
- Refine Material’s content development process to reduce production time
- Work with internal stakeholders to establish a streamlined process for sales material creation
- Grow organic traffic to our website through the use of SEO tactics including keyword & competitive research
- Execute SEO-related initiatives Implement on-page optimization as needed
- Manage all promotional-related logistics for webinars/events
- Coordinate between our PR team and internal stakeholders to identify expert interview opportunities
- An editorial mindset and ability to communicate, collaborate and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience translating complex concepts into digestible content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with an eye for visual design
- Solid understanding of online copywriting and how it impacts SEO
- 3-5 years of content marketing experience; preferably at a B2B company
- Strong organizational and project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Hands-on experience with SEO
- Entrepreneurial spirit and an unquenchable desire to dig in and get things done
- Comfortable interacting within a team environment and cross-functionally across an organization, as well as with senior management
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Journalism, or Communications field
Would Be Great If You Had
- Experience with CRM and/or marketing automation software (ideally Hubspot, or Salesforce/ Pardot)
Location: Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Philadelphia
Legal Disclaimer: LRW is an equal opportunity employer view full text.
Interested? Apply for this role