The world is changing.
We all want something different.
At Luno, we see you as an individual.
Together, we're upgrading the world of work to unleash your potential and empower you to become the best possible version of yourself.
Upgrading the entire planet to a new financial system is a challenge of epic proportions. Like the first moon landing, it requires a special kind of people working together with unusual skill, focus and determination. We’re changing the financial landscape, and to do so, we need the best team on board for our mission. In short, to achieve our goals, we need people with exceptional talent. As simple as that.
A little about us
- We make it safe and easy to buy, store and learn about cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- We currently have over 7 million customers across 40 countries.
- We're part of the Digital Currency Group, a group of companies driving progress in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space that includes Grayscale, Genesis, Coindesk and Foundry Services.
- Our platform has processed over $21 billion to date.
We’re proud to be one of the world’s most international cryptocurrency teams from 43 different nationalities — working across South Africa, Indonesia, the United Kingdom, Malaysia, Nigeria and Singapore.
This role in a nutshell:
You will join a collection of designers with different skills, all focused on solving problems and designing the best experience. Together we aim to create the best perceptions and experiences around our Luno app. Your job, specifically, will be to create a clear and meaningful conversation between our customers and our product, enabling them to upgrade to the new financial system with as little friction as possible.
As UX Writer, you'll be part of Clint's team, meet him here.
Your mission will involve:
- Working within a cross-functional team to craft and regularly audit our product messaging, including microcopy (UI Content), notification copy, in-app help guides, customer-facing forms, and product emails.
- Working closely with Product Designers to create consistent messaging in the product and throughout the customer journey.
- Partnering with product owners and stakeholders to understand business goals and define content requirements for each phase of the journey.
- Facilitating customer navigation by writing compelling microcopy for products across multiple platforms (Android, iOS & Web).
- Researching best practices and teaming up with Product Designers to advocate for the customer throughout the design process.
- Collaborating with other content creators across Product, Marketing, Legal and Customer Success teams to shape the brand voice and ensure multi-channel consistency.
- Reviewing data to understand customer behaviour and adapt messaging accordingly.
- Reviewing all content related to the product before going live.
The ideal candidate will have the following essentials:
- 3+ years' writing experience and a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences
- Content design background, or experience writing for digital products or services
- Strong understanding of usability principles such as UX and customer journeys
- Demonstrable experience collaborating specifically with product managers and designers
- A basic understanding of design systems, including Material Design and Human Interface Design to implement great digital writing
- The ability to present and defend your UX decisions
- Excitement for cryptocurrency and digital innovation in general, and a passion for design principles
- Familiarity with information architecture in order to structure complicated content
Remote Life at Luno
If you’re looking to work on something truly global and disruptive with a forward-thinking and ambitious team that highly values diversity, teamwork, and the continuous quest for excellence, then this is an opportunity for you.
Like the majority of the companies, Luno is currently working remotely to keep our employees safe, which means you will not be physically, but virtually onboarded for now!
- Live long and prosper. We’ve got you covered with excellent private medical insurance.
- You'll be able to continuously up-skill yourself with access to free courses on Udemy, Coursera and Codeacademy.
- For the crypto fans among you (should be everyone!), you'll pay 0 fees with Luno from the day you start
- Generous maternity / paternity and even (yes, you are reading it correctly) paw-ternity for your furry friend.
- Apple all the way. New Macbook, mouse and keyboard.
- Annual Inspiration Day... for that pottery course you’ve always been meaning to do!
- Work with a diverse team of hardworking, ambitious and friendly people on something that will truly revolutionise the financial world.
- We have virtual cooking, dancing, drawing and house planting classes hosted by our Lunauts to break up your day and work that other part of your brain.
- Work is important, but your mental health should always take priority. At Luno, we do everything we can to make sure you lead a healthy and happy life. That's why Luno gives you free access to Headspace – a full library of guided meditations, sleep stories, and music.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not negatively discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.