MarketerHire is the leading verticalized talent platform, connecting companies with pre-vetted experts in digital marketing. MarketerHire makes it easy to hire great marketers and adapt to the future of work with flexible engagements, 48 hours to hire, and access to pre-vetted specialists with platform expertise. Proudly a remote-first company, MarketerHire has a network of more than 50,000 companies and experts, and is trusted by brands such as Netflix, Allbirds, AngelList, Thrasio, VSCO and thousands more.
Our mission is to make expert marketing accessible to all. Our platform gives companies on-demand access to a global network of high-caliber, pre-vetted marketing talent and it is used by early-stage startups, billion-dollar unicorns, and Fortune 100 companies alike. By giving all companies access to amazing marketers - entrepreneurs and enterprises can focus on building great products, make marketing their strategic advantage, and help internal employee retention by reducing bandwidth constraints and improving employee mental health.
We are also contributing to the future of work for our talented marketers. Our platform helps marketers earn significant additional income while maintaining their full-time job, or taking the hassle and risk out of being a full-time freelancer. We pre-vet all clients before introducing them to our marketers, allow our marketers to set their own hourly rates (and they get paid that rate with every single project), streamline invoicing and taxes, and help with account management. All of our jobs are default remote, enabling marketers to work anywhere in the world.
At MarketerHire, we’re passionate about building a diverse team. We care deeply about diversity, equality, and inclusion and strive to build a culture where everyone, from any background, feels included, supported, and free to be themselves.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
The Content Strategist will join the MarketerHire editorial team, and will be focused on repurposing & distributing our content on channels including LinkedIn and Twitter –– and will work throughout the marketing funnel to optimize the experience for our marketplace. We’re looking for someone who combines creativity and strategic thinking, who knows how to tell an amazing story on any channel, can repurpose content for specific platforms, and who can actively measure how content and digital experiences contribute to business growth objectives.
The ideal candidate will be an expert copywriter, working hand-in-hand with our Editor-in-Chief to produce enablement material including website copy, decks, and emails. This person will also own our content distribution strategy –– working to grow our audiences on LinkedIn, Twitter, and any other content distribution channel where they can effectively repurpose content to grow traffic and hit goals. This role will work closely with our Creative Director on the look & feel of our assets across channels and through the funnel.
- Work closely with the Editor in Chief to audit, assess, create, and distribute content that aligns to business objectives and customer needs.
- Manage creative asset needs and requests with internal and external production teams, hand-in-hand with our Creative Director.
- Define channel distribution strategies and content types that maximize audience engagement and exceed goals for individual channels.
- Partner with a Lifecycle Marketing Manager to identify content needs for use across all experiences and programs.
- Build an engaged top-of-funnel community on LinkedIn, Twitter and other channels as determined using our content, brand POV, and more to spark conversation and move the industry forward.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose and repackage content in order to amplify message, visibility and lead generation.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with Marketing, Sales, Advertising, Product and Talent teams, as well as partners, customers, influencers and experts for maximum content impact.
- Identify and execute on new opportunities throughout the funnel to generate and advance leads.
- Uphold the integrity of MarketerHire content by ensuring content is consistent with the brand voice and style, as well as optimized for search and user experience.
- Be a great copyeditor, an arbiter of best practices in grammar, writing, and style.
- You have 3+ years experience in an editorial, digital content, social media or brand marketing role either for a technology brand or a publisher. We are looking for someone with proven copywriting experience.
- Strong copywriting skills.
- Experience in digital content creation (writing blog posts, creating social media posts, SEO, working within CMSs), developing content strategy, and distributing content across channels.
- Exceptional story teller, idea-generator, and audience-centric thinker who also has the analytical abilities to act on insights and apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that’s generated
- Problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to be timely and responsive
- Ability to compellingly communicate a product or a brand’s story, plus a strong design sensibility to envision how content could be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations
- Firm understanding of user experience and search engine optimization (SEO) are preferred, but not required
- Ability to act effectively with high-level direction.
- Acute attention to detail, time management, organization skills
- A quick learner who flourishes in a fast-paced environment
- You're a hard worker—no task is too big or small for you
- Experience in marketing as a whole, as well as a deep understanding of specific marketing niches (a deep generalist, if you will).
- A player-coach mindset with a thirst for progress balanced with the vision to build a sustainable approach.
- Positive, can-do attitude and hustle to make a big impact in a resource-constrained environment.
- Interest in tech, marketing, and the future of work.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Unlimited and flexible time off
- $500 in-home office reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Parental Leave
First 30 Days
- On-board to the MarketerHire team, digest internal information, learn about the market and both sides of our marketplace.
- Read and review existing MarketerHire to get a sense of tone, voice, etc.
- Learn MarketerHire’s project management system, and begin to understand workflows and expected autonomy.
- Audit LinkedIn and Twitter repurposing and distribution program.
- Gain access to LinkedIn and Twitter, and begin posting and testing to understand baseline.
- Begin to review and update copywriting for edit on enablement material
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Editor in Chief to identify audience and engagement KPIs, as well as copywriting KPIs so you can start contributing to company growth within the first 90 days.
60 Day Check-In
- Deliver an audit action plan
- Begin executing on that plan to hit KPIs.
- Take ownership of LinkedIn and Twitter, working with our creative director on creative.
- Begin reporting out on audience growth and engagement KPIs.
- Hone copywriting and voice for enablement materials, and work with Lifecycle Marketing Manager to begin to understand email needs.
90 Day Check-In
- Own all enablement needs copywriting from in-take to staging and publication.
- Own LinkedIn and Twitter strategy, including creative and content strategy.
- Begin strategy and planning for content repurposing across additional channels (not necessarily social media) - think Medium, Quora, etc.
- Own KPIs, and be working easily within the project management system.
- Work closely with our Lifecycle Marketing Manager on copywriting needs throughout the funnel -- including what’s working, what isn’t, and creating a feedback loop for effective tone and voice.
- Strategize across internal teams on enablement materials to help entertain, educate and improve our funnel from the social channels and website through to lifecycle marketing and retention.
- In general, by 90 days, you will be able to own all three aspects of this role: creative, copywriting, and social.
Marketerhire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.