Martin UAV is a private, advanced technology company with multiple locations across the United States with central offices located in Plano, TX. We build wholly unique, unmanned aircraft systems and associated flight control software for a global customer base. Our systems are commercially developed to fill critical operational needs in tactical, maritime and confined operational environments for military, defense, commercial, law enforcement and private applications. Our state-of-the-art systems deliver safe, cost-effective and reliable operations on the tactical edge to customers worldwide.
The Technical Writer position is responsible for the development of Organizational and Intermediate Level Maintenance Manuals, and Operators (Aircrew) Technical Publications in accordance with Engineering Design, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
- The Technical Writer will be responsible for managing Martin UAV’s Technical Publications (Operator Manual, Maintenance Manual, etc.) for the V-Bat family of aircraft.
- Working with the Stan/Eval and Engineering teams to develop Service Bulletins and Operations Advisories
- Support Training Department by reviewing/editing training material and documentation, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to write using clear and concise language that adheres to customer-established standards and conventions.
- Ability to acquire and verify subject matter content by interviewing Pilots, Engineers, and Support staff, observing production methods, referring to engineering drawings, notes, manuals, and similar publications.
- Expert knowledge of MS Word
- Working knowledge of other document creation tools like Adobe Acrobat, and IETM systems (IADS, NSIV, etc.)
- Have a working knowledge of MIL-STD style guides MIL-STD-40051, MIL-STD-38784, or equivalent.
- Experience with NATOPS and/or Army TM document methodology.
- Experience with Group 2-3 UAS Manuals is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to lead development efforts.
- Enjoy small focused teams and an aptitude for working across disciplines when required.
- Applicants must be U.S. persons as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- This position does not offer relocation.
Willingness to Travel:
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
- Company Paid Time Off
- Company Paid Holidays
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Career Growth Opportunities
Martin UAV, LLC does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation or national origin in its recruitment, hiring and/or employment practices and policies. Employees must have citizenship or residency status at a level that allow them to have access to all US military bases and to technical information under the International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) regulations under the Department of Defense and Department of State.
Interested? Apply for this role