Join the Maryville University Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) team to flex your UX skills across several digital channels and create compelling experiences that deliver on Maryville’s promise to make the student experience engaging, personalized and seamless. Specifically, you will develop end-to-end user experience content that guides users through their college journey, identifies their needs, and provides data to internal teams so they can best fulfill those needs.
As a UX Writer (Knowledge Manager), you will use data, empathy and logic to create unified narratives that engage audiences across multiple platforms. You will proactively craft meaningful content-driven experiences by collaborating with subject matter experts to ensure a consistent look, feel and voice across platforms.
You will play a crucial part in gathering and translating user behavior data, managing an extensive knowledge catalog, and launching our new digital products including a mobile application. You’ll drive the implementation projects, influence product vision, provide analysis and work with leadership to meet goals and timelines.
If you enjoy partnering with teams to conceptualize, test, implement and deliver customer-centered user experiences and support products that are useful, inclusive and personalized, join our team of creative professionals.
- Drives Implementation of User Experience Content for Product Launches and Upgrades
- Provide status updates, leadership, documentation, content strategy and content entry throughout the product development process.
- Manage quality assurance and provide feedback
- Utilize subject matter experts, data and focus groups to identify and prioritize the most critical needs of the defined users for each product implementation phase.
- Gather and document user experience content launch requirements.
- Support quality assurance testing.
- Serve as the single point of contact for IT build for requesting brand elements, UX decisions and content entry.
- Learn and train others how to modify content on newly developed user interfaces.
- Manage projects from needs assessment to implementation; research, identify opportunities, establish priorities, and manage stakeholders.
- Collaborate with designers, legal, IMC, subject matter experts and technical teams to ensure smooth implementation.
- Approach content creatively and be willing to experiment to achieve best engagement results.
- Formalizes Knowledge Management Strategy and Processes
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites.
- Build and maintain a bird’s eye view of all content in the knowledge base, ensuring consistently in structure and tone, accuracy of content, and recommendations for new and updated ways to present information and track value.
- End-user change management planning, documentation and execution
- Ability to have empathy for the user by anticipating questions from a diverse audience, and answer those questions through product user experience modifications and content adjustments
- Manage processes through extensive communication with teams and track progress and timeliness of work done
- Document your strategies with guidelines, and establish best practices and strategy principles within the product support teams.
- Influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Develops and Loads Content Across Multiple Platforms
- Quickly edit, obtain content approvals and load content into multiple user interfaces.
- Select images and videos for content and partner with graphic designers to implement styles into product user interfaces.
- Clearly and succinctly write/edit content in a way that encourages users to want to use applications and makes sure that users can use the product easily and is engaging so users adopt the product.
- Shapes content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to gather information from cross-functional subject matter experts to produce written content.
- Writes and edits across different media types.
- Gathers and Analyzes User Experience Information
- Track views, search terms, and other data to make decisions on new or updated content.
- Monitor reports from products, the web, social, video, student services, student life and help desk teams, to ensure top questions are addressed and that content across all platforms are UX focused.
- Ensure localization and accessibility best practices.
- Implement user experience research principles and practices in order to use data for informed user insights.
- ex: competitive analyses, direct customer feedback, A/B testing, etc.
- Research audience, technologies, industry trends.
- Executes Product Adoption Communications
- Supports the adoption communication campaigns to reach users where they are for each phase of product launch.
- Implement and manage communication plans for the product launch and promote adoption through continuous communication of product benefit announcements.
- Continuously Evolve and Improve Maryville’s UX Content
- Develop meaningful relationships with teams across Maryville University campus to gather new and updated content.
- Build relationships with others and help align content management processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience launching technical products, user experience analysis and content management.
- Experience working in a continuous deployment and Agile environment where content must be updated rapidly.
- Proactive communicator with the ability to obtain and translate knowledge article content into user experience text accurately in a timely and consistent manner.
- Practical experience in User Experience (UX) Writing or Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Serve as the voice of the users to ensure content and products speak to users in clear and intentional language with a consistent style and voice.
- Enjoys user research and has proven abilities in analyzing performance metrics to optimize existing content experiences and find innovative solutions.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities with minimal oversight.
- Basic knowledge of mobile user interfaces, Microsoft Office 365 and Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with user-focused product writing including work in software, digital agency, or other relevant product areas.
- Experience implementation and launch of a mobile application’s content based on user experiences.
- Experience working with Modo Campus or Modo Workplace platforms.
- Experience with multimedia formats such as infographics or short videos.
- Basic understanding of WCAG standards.
- Education or experience with Human Computer Interaction (HCI).
- Someone who will get excited about challenging the status quo, brainstorming, and testing innovative ideas.
- Self-motivated and optimistic person ready to engage proactively with a diverse group of subject matter experts and product teams while remaining positive during review processes.
- A gift for injecting friendliness and even excitement into topics other writers would consider dry or boring, and you’re passionate about helping others learn new things.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Maryville University of St. Louis is a private university in Town and Country, Missouri.