ABOUT MEN’S HEALTH FOUNDATION
Men’s Health Foundation is a nonprofit healthcare provider serving Los Angeles with primary care facilities in West Hollywood, Inglewood, and South Los Angeles, as well as operating Men’s Health Foundation Pharmacy and working closely with our research partner, Mills Clinical Research. Specialists in men’s health, many of our services focus on sexual health, especially HIV and STI treatment and prevention. As an LGBTQ-affirmative men’s healthcare organization, we proudly welcome patients from the LGBTQ+ community.
The Creative Content Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Communications on the Communications and Strategy team, produces original in-house multimedia content for both public and internal communications campaigns. Graphic design and video production for web and social media content, social media management, and copywriting in both English and Spanish are all key components of this role.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
- Graphic design, video production, and social media content creation for Men’s Health Foundation’s digital presence (web and social), ad campaigns, email marketing, and internal communications.
- Collaboratively manage and monitor all Men’s Health Foundation social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and coming soon, TikTok.
- Bilingual ad campaign development for the various public health programs of Men’s Health Foundation (including our South LA community center for LGBTQ+ people of color under 30, SoCal Club), our primary care facilities, the MHF Pharmacy, and Mills Clinical Research initiatives and services.
- Actively works to grow the social media accounts through daily social media account management, developing frequent, high-quality content, and seeking engagement with prospective followers, similar organizations, and relevant influencers.
- Analyzes the performance of the organization’s communications and marketing campaigns to present data to company leadership and develop strategic initiatives based on this data.
- Supports the Director of Communications in the administrative duties for creative content production, invoices and vendor relations, and maintaining and streamlining internal and public communications protocols.
- Two or more years of relevant experience with in-house creative content production required, previous nonprofit and/or healthcare marketing experience preferred.
- Portfolio examples of graphic design, web design, video editing and/or social media content creation required.
- Previous experience managing social media handles for brands, including experience with social media monitoring and follower growth strategies.
- Spanish fluency required, with prior experience with Spanish-language content coordination preferred.
- Excellent time-management skills with the ability to plan, organize, and prioritize workload and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver fast-turnaround, high-quality content, often with little advance notice in the fast-paced environment of healthcare communications in a post-COVID world.
- Understanding and ability to stay abreast of privacy policies specific to patient privacy and confidentiality, as well as copyright and intellectual property restrictions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, advertising, public relations or related field.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere Pro. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Motion graphics or animation experience a plus.
- Digital illustration experience a plus.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a background check to include a 7-year criminal, 10-year SSN & employer history reference check.
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination on first day of hire as required for all healthcare workers in the state of California.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules.
- Must take yearly flu shot and test for tuberculosis as required by the Centers for Disease
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language fluently, with a strong ability to read, write and speak in Spanish.
- Experience with copywriting for nonprofit or cause-based organizations and/or healthcare organizations, with experience or knowledge of the HIV/AIDS epidemic a major plus.
- Must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public in person.
Ability to gather and analyze performance metrics for web traffic, digital advertising, and social media engagement to present in visual formats for company leadership. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as dollar totals, monetary conversions, discounts, interest, fractions, decimals, percentages, area, and volume. Ability to work with print and digital dimensions and scale for the production of graphic and video content.
Ability to solve technical and practical problems and deal with a variety of intangibles in situations where only limited communication, support, information and access exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro. Must have good computer skills and be proficient in the use of systems to complete correspondence, documents, spreadsheets and presentations, such as Microsoft Outlook and Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may be required to climb ladders or stairs, be in high spaces, and/or balance, stop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions when attending events. The noise level in the work environment is occasionally moderate with occasional high volume.