Since 1979, Meridian has guided customers in transforming the technology tools and resources they already have into undeniable business value. We do more than help our customers simply buy technology; at Meridian, we partner with our customers to adopt technology to enable their business strategy and growth. Meridian helps maximize the value of technology investments with our technology adoption experts and their 3000+ certifications, flexible consumption and deployment models, contract and service management, global service and support, and custom finance options. To find out more about Meridian go to our website at themeridian.com.
The Junior Content Designer will assist in creating digital assets for web, print, and video production. This position reports directly to the Creative Production Manager and will work alongside marketing, sales, and product teams to support the global marketing strategy. All creative assets must adhere to brand guidelines for consistency and must maintain the tone of the brand through every stage of production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create visually interesting presentation assets, layouts and content;
- Visualize complicated technology topics in clear, concise ways to a non-technical audience;
- Source / take product photos and prep for web/e-commerce use;
- Icon design and concepting;
- Update existing designs and collateral with new content;
- Edit copy throughout the design process.
- Act as assistant editor on projects;
- Pre-production planning for gear rentals and talent hire;
- On-site camera operator and assistant director on video shoots;
- Work with marketing associates on outbound marketing creative assets;
- Create animation-based videos and supporting graphics for videos.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A degree in a creative field such as graphic/digital design, fine arts, visual communication, art direction;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in design and video production
- Experience creating animation-based videos and supporting graphics;
- Knowledge of design programs including: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign;
- Knowledge of video editing programs including: Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and DaVinci Resolve;
- Strong understanding of Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Understanding of video production including video editing;
- Understanding of audio production best practices for video and podcasts;
- Your portfolio showcases your exceptional skills and love for design. Please include links to your portfolio/Demo Reel in your application, we would love to see your work;
- Ability to work tight deadlines and create iterative drafts of content regularly;
- Fluency in social media sites and tools especially LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and vlogs;
- Superb interpersonal communication skills, including impeccable verbal and written communication skills;
- Work out of Chicago office;
- Ability to travel up to 10%, out of state;
- Must be fully vaccinated by date of hire.
Meridian Group International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.