Yes, this is a posting for a job. But it’s also a calling to a career. And even more than that? It’s an invitation to come as you are—to be your whole self while becoming your best self. We’re looking for minds with hearts to help us positively impact the world of wellness.
Do you believe that everyone deserves wellness? We want to hear from you.
The Associate UX Writer helps bring clarity, brevity, and delight to our customer‐obsessed products. Writing is a valued craft on our team ‐ we partner with UX Designers, Visual Designers, UX Researchers, Engineers, and Product Managers to ensure our user experience is always seamless. This role works with a small, collaborative team and is guided by other UX Writers and the Manager, UX Writing. Associate UX Writers are enthusiastic, open‐minded, humble and love tinkering with a copy until a line is juuuust right. Most importantly, the Associate UX Writer always approaches design problems with empathy for our users.
Qualifications & requirements
- BA/BS degree or 1‐2 years of relevant experience or dogged drive and uncontrollable talent
- Passion for effective writing on web and mobile platforms
- A strong design sense and ability to recognize when a copy isn’t the solution to a problem
- Comfort working in Google Docs and desire to explore design tools like Sketch, UX Pin, and Invision
- A curious, enthusiastic attitude—you’re excited to learn, grow, and evolve
- Tenacious focus on creating a simple, straightforward, positive experience for our user
- Strong attention to detail and problem‐solving skills
- Strong eye for grammar and deep respect for copy conventions and brand voice
- High level of collaboration and a love of learning from others
- Familiarity with AODA or WCAG 2.1 AA/AAA accessibility guidelines as they relate to UX content
- Agile management platforms use such as Azure DevOps (ADO) and Wrike
- Familiarity with content management systems and analytics tools such as Pendo
- Familiarity with UX means/methods of measuring UX content success qualitatively and quantitatively
Principal duties & responsibilities
- Write human, straightforward copy for MINDBODY features
- Adhere to deadlines and manage own time over multiple assignments
- Work closely with UX Designers, Visual Designers, UX Researchers, and other stakeholders to understand the requirements for projects and produce clear, concise, helpful user experiences
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure high‐quality and accurate implementation of your work
- Give thoughtful feedback to other writers and present your work for feedback
- Articulate copy choices and the thinking behind your work
- Quickly pick up, understand, practice, shape, and share MINDBODY UX writing conventions
- All other duties as assigned
Mindbody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly value diversity at our company and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other protected characteristics.