OVERVIEW & SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reporting to the Director – Global Ethics & Compliance, this role will lead the Morgan forward in its approach to compliance, helping to set the global vision and strategy, and driving its execution. The move from “just” compliance to a proudly ethical culture will be a key deliverable.
With this opportunity, the ideal candidate will play the leading role in identifying and managing key compliance risks, ensuring that Morgan complies with external laws and regulations, and that behavior in the organization is both defensible and enhancing of the Group’s reputation and risk management. Moreover, this candidate will be an advocate and change agent for the Group’s compliance agenda, responsible for the development and delivery of comprehensive supporting policies, procedures, and training for Morgan. The core elements of the role will be values, policies / guidance, training / education, and compliance risk assessment.
Ideal candidate will be expected to horizon scan the regional business and regulatory environment and provide timely advice and support on emerging key compliance risks and industry best practice.
This is an opportunity to be a driver of change and able to influence the wider organization and enlist support, be a highly visible champion for ethics and compliance, personally flying the flag and addressing key audiences. As such, a degree of travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & REPONSIBILITIES:
- Update and draft comprehensive and relatable Ethics & Compliance Group policies to cover all the legal risk areas and Ethics & Compliance program documentation.
- Develop wide range of program content to increase employee awareness and engagement, such as posters, newsletters, website content, social media posts, articles, surveys, etc.
- Incorporate employee incentives to influence ethical behavior, employee engagement, and company culture.
- Develop, implement and conduct compliance training programs of employees and third parties. Review and update existing programs for improvements and updates needed due to revisions in laws and regulations
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and execute risk-based and targeted training plan, both online and in person.
- Collect and analyze company-wide data; develop meaningful compliance metrics to communicate to leadership. Assist with compliance presentations
- Maintain systems and databases to host relevant and complete ethics and compliance information.
- Develop mechanisms to automate ethics and compliance workflows and approvals
- Drive the efficiency and effectiveness of ethics and compliance program through thought leadership, innovation, creativity and influence; benchmark and conduct research to identify innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with Regional Ethics and Compliance personnel to ensure consistency with Global strategy and local content management; oversight.
- Must possess a 4 year degree in related field
- Extensive experience working within the fields of compliance and risk and leading change
- Experience of developing and delivering training programs
- Experience of working within a matrix environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills, with experience working with executives at different levels including the capacity to articulate the case for and obtain business buy-in to compliance management and policy
- Proactive, high energy self-starter, with relentless drive to improve, who is used to working under their own initiative to get things done. A high degree of autonomy and self-support is required
- Able to cut through complexity and propose pragmatic yet innovative solutions to difficult problems
- Demonstrates the ability to be a skilled influencer across the organisation, promoting ethics and compliance in a commercially astute way
- Demonstrates mental agility and a crisp style – communicates with concision and in a way that speaks to the relevant audience, giving them clarity on the key messages they need to take away
- Ability to challenge effectively in a matrix environment
- Ability to work effectively to strict timescales managing multiple projects, task and managing expectations
Morgan Advanced Materials is an EEO/AA/M/W/D/V Employer.
Interested? Apply for this role