NFL Films is currently looking for an experienced Story and Content Editor to enhance our various documentaries, series, and feature productions that premiere on all major broadcast networks and streaming services (ESPN, ESPN +, HBO, Showtime, Paramount+, CBS, FOX, NBC, Peacock, Amazon, YouTube, etc…).
Ideal Story and Content Editor will have vision, perspective, and a point of view on every story, who is also an independent thinker and recognizes the best story can come from anyone or anywhere.
This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Senior Director of Video Post and Studio Operations. The role is primarily within a post-production environment.
Join the team responsible for preserving the history and legacy of the National Football League while also carrying it into the future.
- Contribute to projects from creative design through development, research, editorial, graphic design, and delivery, all in an interactive and hands-on fashion.
- Lead and execute projects while partnering with leaders in other areas, such as Producers, Audio Engineers, Graphic Designers, and Colorists, as well as the needs of outside clients.
- Produce and share ideas to be used throughout the pre and post-production process to help support, synchronize, and enhance the project as a whole.
- Creation of content branding and style for new projects.
- Offline and online edit using an array of technical tools (Adobe / Avid / DaVinci).
- Handle critical deadlines and short turnarounds in a fast-paced post-production environment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues in the facility and solve them in a time-critical manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years previous experience working in a broadcast/film post-production environment.
- Candidate needs to possess a strong work ethic, positive workplace approach, work well with others, and adapt in a quickly changing and time-sensitive production environment.
- Fluent within the Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop), Avid, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to articulate and persuasively sell creative concepts.
- Available to work flexible hours and weekends.
Other Key Attributes / Characteristics
- Ability to collaborate well with a large team of creatives.
- Positive attitude and willingness to lead and learn from a great team.
Experience working in a more senior-level editing role is not required, but preferred.
Terms /Expected Hours of Work
- 40 hours per week (early mornings, nights, and weekends). Bonus Eligible. Work must be done on-location at NFL Films in Mt. Laurel, NJ.
- FLSA exempt.
- The NFL places a priority on having an in-person workplace, which enables us to more effectively collaborate, connect and build a workplace culture that will drive our continued success. We remain steadfast in our belief that working together as a team, in our physical office spaces, is critical to the successful execution of our season. For those reasons, we expect employees to work from an NFL office five days a week, except in limited circumstances permitted by NFL policy.
- The NFL is committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment that reflects our incredibly diverse fan base. We provide an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all employees and applicants without regard to status as protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- We also continue to prioritize the health and safety of our NFL workforce. Consistent with that commitment, in light of the substantial and growing body of evidence that vaccinations remain the most effective protection against the spread of the COVID-19, we require that members of our NFL workforce be fully vaccinated. Exceptions are available only for those who need an accommodation for a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice.
Interested? Apply for this role