As a senior content designer at Nationwide, you’ll use your design knowledge to create user-centred content that turns complex products into simple, easy-to-understand experiences. Working closely with researchers and other designers as part of agile teams, you’ll take the lead creating, optimising and testing insight-led, readable and measurable content across our digital and offline channels.
As our name suggests, here in Service & Experience Design (S&ED), we’re responsible for defining, designing, and delivering frictionless, useful experiences that help our members manage their money and look after what matters to them in life. We research, we iterate, we craft, we strive – and we do it all to make sure our members have experiences that are memorable, for all the right reasons, on every channel.
What you’ll be doing
- You’ll lead content design on projects, making sure end-to-end journeys meet user needs and consider business objectives.
- Using your analytical skills and research experience, you’ll quickly identify what’s working – and what’s not – by drawing on insight for your design decisions. This could see you leading on comprehension evaluations, conducting content audits, analysing readability measures and so much more.
- You’ll engage with stakeholders to understand business needs, while also bringing them on board and advocating the value of user-centred design for our members and the business.
- A strong collaborator in agile environments, you’ll work closely with other designers, researchers, developers, product owners and scrum masters.
- As part of our content design team, you'll also contribute to our wider content operations, support other designers and help enhance our collective ways of working.
You’ll demonstrate the following:
- Strong experience of researching, designing and testing content experiences at a senior or lead level as part of multidisciplinary teams in fast-paced agile environments.
- Strong experience of working with analytics and content metrics such as readability, qualitative research, digital analytics etc. to help you solve problems pragmatically.
- Evidence of taking a strategic approach to content design –for example defining ways of working (workflows, governance, patterns and principles), leading the implementation of content strategies, advocating for design thinking and engaging stakeholders effectively.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching team members on content design.
- Knowledge or experience of designing for inclusivity and
- Ability to adapt and respond to change.
The extras you’ll get
Our people’s success isn’t based on how long they spend at their desk. While you’ll have contracted hours, we want to offer a flexible environment where possible. That might be working from home, logging on from other offices across the UK, or working part time or compressed hours.
We’ve let you know about the flexibility available for this role at the start of the advert. This means you can quickly decide if it suits how you’d like to work.
There are all sorts of employee benefits available at Nationwide, including:
- A personal pension – if you put in 7% of your salary, we’ll top up by a further 16%
- Up to 2 days of paid volunteering a year
- Life assurance worth 8x your salary
- A great selection of additional benefits through our salary sacrifice scheme
- Access to an annual performance related bonus
- Access to training to help you develop and progress your career
Why work at Nationwide
We’re a building society founded by ordinary people, our members, who came together to help each other get the most from their money, buy homes and save for their futures. For over 130 years, we’ve supported each other and our communities, and we’ve done the right thing for wider society too.
If you come to work here at Nationwide, you’ll be part of that. Part of something a bit different. And something really quite special.
- What’s more, we have a strong ethic of care for each other and our members. We recognise that our employees feel most appreciated when their thoughts and values are respected and considered. We’re committed to creating a culture that recognises and truly values our individual differences and identities. So if you’d like to be a part of an inclusive workplace where you can be yourself, where your talents are nurtured, and you feel empowered to contribute, then please apply and help us in building society, nationwide.