Nav is democratizing small business financing. In other words, we give small business owners access and control. Yes, this challenges the norm, but it means working with curious, purpose-driven, dedicated, and inquisitively smart people who push themselves, our company and the community to the next level (and every level after that). We are the people behind the tech. And when it’s good, we look for better. We don’t overthink the value we bring nor spend time trying to revamp mantras. We also do not come up with some crafty way to tell you who we are and what we offer. We are Nav! Here, you’ll gain a wealth of experience, learn the tricks of the trade, and work with winners. All companies say people are connected to their mission but in our case, our mission and our people are one – it is a way of being not just a cause you are committed to. And since 2013, Nav has holistically and organically developed its own ideology because Nav can only be Nav.
Nav is looking for an experienced content mastermind who is passionate about helping small businesses navigate their financial journey. You’ll drive deep engagement with small businesses by infusing storytelling through impactful content across paid media, search, and web experiences. You’ll define requirements that increase quality traffic, maximize site performance, improve search result listings, and ultimately drive revenue for the business by raising brand awareness with creative and high-quality content.
WHAT WE EMPOWER YOU WITH:
- Develop engaging and compelling content designed to engage SMB customers throughout the customer journey (Discover, Learn, Try, Buy, Advocacy)
- Build a scalable approach to content development, and bring it to market on paid, owned, and earned platforms.
- Collaborate with SMEs, clients, analysts, and partners (articles, whitepapers, blogs reports, videos, talking points, etc.)
- Leverage strong working relationships with colleagues across internal teams (communications, PR, industry marketing, field marketing, sales) as well as external (clients, partners, analysts, agencies).
- Drive assets through their entire lifecycle—ideation through post-launch measurement and optimization
- Continually interpret metrics to assess content impact, and ultimately improve the customer experience and engagement
- Work with the Director of Marketing to set team objectives, content strategy, and KPIs, monitor and report to stakeholders on progress meeting those objectives.
- Manage a stable of talented freelancers and in-house writers to Maintain and expand our syndication network of 50+ partners, plus execute on guest post relationships.
What You Bring to the Table
- You are an Epic storyteller who can create a vision, build excitement, and bring people along in the journey
- You have a strong understanding of paid media, publisher landscape, and content amplification tactics.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of the business, customer, and channels, as well as savvy strategic and tactical marketing skills to drive growth.
- You possess strong project management skills and attention to detail and can zoom in and out from big picture strategy to nuanced creative execution.
- Success driving SEO and content marketing with proven business results; working on complex brands with multiple audiences, Ideally in a Saas, B2B, or fintech space.
- You are skilled at analyzing diverse sets of data to develop insights and support business cases in Tealium, Tableau and Google products.
- Strong track record of bringing to life complex innovation initiatives from concept through deployment
- Experienced manager of process. You know how to build & maintain processes and teams that can scale and are always looking for new opportunities.
- Driven by a passion for learning & educating others when you find answers.
- Passionate about collaboration with excellent communication skills to match.
Who You Are
- Passionate about Nav’s mission and the opportunity to use your creative talents to reduce the death rate of small businesses.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias towards employee-centric innovation.
- You are comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels, simultaneously acting as an internal ambassador, educator, analyst, solutions architect, and implementer.
- You are a highly skilled communicator able to distill complex ideas in understandable, relatable, and executive friendly ways
- You have a customer-first mentality able to bring outside-in perspective when problem-solving
- You are constantly researching and assessing companies’ best practices through networking and strategic partnerships.
- You are curious and try new ideas constantly, learn from them and execute again.
- You are flexible and respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities; ability to work under tight deadlines and plan, organize and carry out multiple, detailed tasks.
- You have a desire to grow and be pushed outside of your comfort zone and take on increased scope of responsibility.
INCLUSION AT NAV:
At Nav, we celebrate what makes our employees unique because the businesses we serve are progressively diverse and distinctly original. Navericks are diverse, side hustlers, immigrants, veterans, queer, and we push generational boundaries. We are college dropouts, PhDs, special needs parents, allies, pet owners and community leaders. Navericks are human. We are committed to upholding a safe, supportive environment where everyone matters. We are committed to making a better future for all of us. We have created a workplace where people of all backgrounds can express their identities authentically. To put it simply, we want you to be proud to be you.
OUR COMPENSATION PHILOSOPHY IS SIMPLE BUT POWERFUL:
We believe great, enduring relationships are grounded in trust and transparency. Compensation shouldn’t be a distraction, and employees should understand how pay and career advancement decisions are made. Providing equal pay for equal work is table stakes for being a great place to work. Gender and ethnic inequality should only be something that our children read about in history books. We believe providing Navsters with company ownership, competitive pay, and a range of meaningful benefits is the start of creating a culture where people want to give the best they’ve got — not because they’re simply making money, but because they’ve fallen in love with our vision, mission, values, and team.
OUR IMPACT ON YOU:
Competitive Pay. Company Ownership. Unlimited Vacation. Benefits Day One. 6 Weeks Paid Parental Leave. Matching 401k. Work From Anywhere (yes we were distributed before it was cool). Flexible Work Arrangements. Free Telehealth and Telemental Health For All Employees. Employee Networking and Events. Community Network Groups (women’s, PRIDE, culture). Meaningful Perks and Rewards. Learning and Development Opportunities.
A NAVERICK’S DNA:
- We look at the future and say “why not”; we see possibilities where others see problems or routines. We show the way ahead and are committed to achieving ambitious goals.
- We practice straight talk and listen generously to each other with empathy. We value different opinions and points of view. We ensure that we connect outside as well as inside to learn from others and inspire each other.
- We hold ourselves accountable for delivering results. We choose not to be a victim of circumstance. We make decisions & take responsibility so that we can act & support each other, rather than adopting defensive, and “finger-pointing” behaviors.
- As leaders, we motivate & engage our teams to undertake beyond what they originally thought possible, by developing our teams & creating the conditions for people to grow and empower themselves through enabling & coaching.