Netflix is seeking an experienced Content Designer (Content Strategist, UX Writer, Product Writer) for our Personalization Experience Design team, whose mission is to make deciding what to watch easier and more enjoyable for our members.
About The Role
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team charged with revolutionizing how entertainment is consumed and how storytelling is showcased at global scale. You’ll be involved in every step of the product development process, from concepting and testing ideas to ensuring language quality through launch.
You love using personalization to help expand the definition of predictive experiences. You balance an interest in algorithms and creating highly functional and emotionally resonant user experiences with a knack for making the complex or technical understandable and relatable. You see the intersection of user experience and human-centered machine learning as an exciting problem space and are fascinated by how AI enhances the member experience.
- You provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing.
- You’re comfortable with experiment design and working closely with Designers and Product Managers to develop hypotheses and test plans.
- You’re a storyteller who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across channels.
- You understand that voice is key to people connecting with a brand and product.
- You possess a strong desire to understand user behavior and business success through data and consumer insights.
- You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture.
- You’ll work on several projects at once, providing concepting, content strategy and writing from early ideation through final execution.
- You’ll initiate your own innovation projects and identify opportunities to join existing projects to elevate the quality of their communications.
- You’ll collaborate with a cross-functional team spanning User Research, Data Science, Product Management and Engineering to build new product features that advance our mission to connect members in personalized and relevant ways.
- You understand how to rationalize UX solutions with data, improve designs through feedback and thoughtfully question the status quo.
- 8+ years experience writing for consumer-facing digital products, including end-to-end feature development.
- An understanding of the intersection of User Experience and Machine Learning.
- Experience designing global products for a diverse range of users.
- Experience with a/b testing preferred.
- Analytical thinking about customer journeys and content flows.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and people skills.
- Mastery of AP style, with the confidence to know when to break the rules
This is a full-time, salaried role reporting to the Content Design Manager in the Experience Design (XD) team.
Interested? Apply for this role