We are seeking an experienced Senior Content Designer focused on enterprise tooling for games and game developers. The Games Enablement team works with multiple internal teams to build innovative tools and technology for Netflix’s games partners and other stakeholders to allow them to integrate and launch their games seamlessly onto the Netflix service.
As our games effort grows, this role will lead workstreams in the Games Enablement space to help create the best-in-class, end-to-end development experience our internal and external game developers need to implement our unique services for mobile and cloud games on Netflix.
The ideal candidate will have experience in Content Design/Content Strategy, UX Writing, and Technical Writing, with the ability to multitask while working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment. They’ll be self-motivated, proactive, highly organized, and have a steadfast attention to detail. They’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams, particularly with engineers, to ingest and synthesize complex technical information. They’ll also be able to prioritize their own work, communicate effectively, and represent their work to key stakeholders. And of course, they’ll have a passion for games and games development.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and product designers to design and write the user experience for developer-facing tools and enterprise applications
- Establish and maintain the information architecture, the voice & tone, the style guide, and general best practices for writing that appear in enterprise software and related documentation
- Establish the rubric for how changes to the enterprise tools – including new features, updates, and bug fixes – are communicated to cross-functional Netflix teams, as well as external game developer partners (e.g. release notes for new builds and updates)
- Work closely with the Product Design team to understand the platform features implemented within the Product UI, in order to ensure the relevant context is presented to the game developers in a useful and usable way
- Initiate, define, and lead new Content Design projects from conception to completion across the games developer tooling product area
- Define Content Design workflows and parameters for the work to drive discussion and bring to implementation
- Present Content Design work to key stakeholders, team members, and other Content Designers and Writers for visibility and feedback
- You provide both strategic direction and hands-on writing/editing
- You’re comfortable working with engineers to ingest and synthesize highly complex information, turning technical jargon into user-friendly content that is consistent and legible for the various audiences in game development (e.g. producers, legal, game engineers, game designers, etc.)
- You’re a storyteller at heart who can craft and orchestrate cohesive narratives across touchpoints to different audiences, including internal Netflix stakeholders and external game developers
- You’re familiar with the development of design systems and language frameworks
- You love a no-holds-barred brainstorm as much as delving into the details; you know how to switch gears between big, fanciful ideas and practical, effective execution
- You communicate productively with visual thinkers and will be comfortable advocating for your point of view in our candid, feedback-driven culture
- 8 to 10+ years of relevant writing experience: UX writing, content design, technical writing, taxonomy, information architecture
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing business requirements and technical logic into writing the user interface for enterprise tooling and applications
- Experience working closely with an engineering and/or UX team, and with enterprise partners
- Highly collaborative, organized and self-directed, able to effectively prioritize and respond accordingly to the shifting needs of the team
- Mastery of AP style and the confidence to know when to break the rules
- A positive attitude, especially when faced with changing responsibilities and workflows
- Enthusiasm and passion for games and game development, and helping our game developers bring Netflix Games to members all around the world
- Expertise with games content preferred
Please provide a writing portfolio or relevant writing samples. This full-time, salaried position reports to the Content Design Manager for Games.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine your personal top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $80,000-$550,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.