Netflix works closely with Consumer Electronics Manufacturers and Telecom Operators around the world to integrate and launch Netflix experiences, ensuring that consumers have a great experience in signing up for Netflix and instantly watching movies and shows.
To help facilitate the relationship and workflows with these partners, we must scale business programs to articulate technical and program requirements. You will actively contribute to the creation and sharing of content that is communicated to our partners throughout the program lifecycle.
- You are a senior technical writer with demonstrated experience synthesizing business requirements and writing documentation for shipped products.
- You have demonstrated experience solving strategic or deeply complex documentation scenarios in a cross-team environment.
- You have a passion for technology and for helping others understand how complex systems work and can translate the necessary technical jargon into simplified documents.
- You are able to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams to get the information you need to help shape the products you document as you develop an understanding of the business needs.
- You have great written and verbal skills and work well with other team members toward shared goals. You can effectively articulate, evangelize, and defend your ideas in front of a variety of audiences from different backgrounds.
- You have an eye for informational architecture and can evaluate organization structure to help improve content management.
- Our culture is unique and we live by our values, so it’s worth learning more about Netflix. Our Culture memo.
- We are a tight and driven team with big goals, so we seek individuals who are truly passionate about their work.
- Please provide characteristic writing samples (or pointers to your work).
What We’re Looking For
- 7+ years of technical writing experience with a proven record of delivering complete technical documentation solutions for complex products.
- Experience writing for both hardware and software products.
- Experience writing for APIs, SDKs/APKs, and embedded systems.
- Exceptional communication skills, in writing and verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives.
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership, presentation, and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity. This role is fluid, and will frequently evolve based on partner, strategy, and product priorities.
- You are curious, mature, and ego-free. You welcome constructive feedback and can constructively give it as well.
Interested? Apply for this role