We are looking for a qualified candidate to work as a full-time Technical Writer as part of the NAF Tech, Operations team. The Technical Writer will collaborate with multiple teams such as Product, Project, Support, Training, and Engineering, to document and maintain requirements, procedures, processes, descriptive manuals, API documentation, and other related content in an Agile/Scrum team environment.
- Technical Writer will gather and analyze technical information from various sources to document new and changing requirements.
- Gather information from technical and non-technical SMEs to develop, and organize procedure manuals, technical specs, and process documents.
- Develop and maintain templates for written documentation to ensure a consistent look and feel.
- Work simultaneously on multiple projects setting work priorities to meet deadlines.
- Gather and publish release notes.
- Collaborate with other depts.
- Work with graphic designer and trainers to gather graphic images and screenshots for both web and print
- Regularly check all technical material for consistency and accuracy
- Determine the clearest and most logical way to present information for the greatest reader comprehension
- Generate innovative ideas for content and workflow solutions
- Technical writing 3+ years
- Fluency in technical and common office software
- Experience in Agile/Scrum preferred
- Organizational skills to effectively maintain and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality as required by the Privacy Act protecting consumers
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) as well as interpersonal skills
- Willingness to take on new challenges and build on current skills
- Experience with API Documentation
- Experience with Architecture Diagrams
- Ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with a college degree preferred
- Experience working with technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders at different levels in the Tech field
- Experience within the mortgage, or real estate field is a plusOther Duties: This job may require frequent sitting or standing for long periods of time. This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard, and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Interested? Apply for this role