Nordstrom’s Design Language System team is building a platform that enables internal teams to build scalable, accessible digital experiences for our customers and employees. This includes a library of tools produced and released as code and design components to make the creation and adoption of products more cohesive, efficient, cost-effective and on-brand.
As a UX Content Designer 2 supporting the design system, you blend user-centered design, UX writing principles and technical writing to guide, inform and delight. You are an organized and effective communicator and practiced in creating, governing and maintaining effective design solutions to customer problems. You have an affinity for grammatical rules and structure but don’t shy away from breaking the rules in favor of creating a better user experience.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders including designers, technologists, engineers and other writers to develop, enhance and maintain a robust design language system that supports Nordstrom’s digital properties.
A day in the life of…
- Work in partnership with UX design to maintain and iterate on component documentation, including usage guidelines, accessibility considerations and content standards
- Advocate for consistent and thoughtful interface design by promoting, embodying and propagating content design best practices via the design system resources
- Carry out internal research to understand current pain points around content guidance; use this to inform proposed updates
- Iterate on established content guidance and build out new standards as needed
- Build out the documentation for new components
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize content patterns
- Collaborate with other UX content designers, UX researchers, UX designers, product managers, and engineers
- Contribute to to-spec delivery of cross-team UI components and pattern work
- Use established templates and processes to work in an agile environment / schedule
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar) or equivalent professional experience
- 2-4 years of experience in UX/UI writing
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your proficiency in UX content design, and the ability to discuss your involvement in the overall design process
- Strong understanding of UX and product design principles
- Strong understanding of how content fits into overall user experience and ability to align content to customer intents and product needs
- Proven ability to be an advocate for customer-centered experiences
- Experience creating scalable content and writing guidelines and style guides
- Critical thinking skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment and working with a Lean UX process
- A passion for and experience in establishing consistent atomic design patterns across a variety of platforms and experiences
- Experience developing, implementing, and governing design processes, and leading design programs
- An understanding of web implementation technologies, including digital accessibility standards such as WCAG
- Experience with tools such as Sketch, Figma, Mural, and Zeroheight a plus
- Experience with design systems a plus
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2022 Nordstrom, Inc
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Pay Range Details
The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state-specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
Colorado: $99,000-$153,500, Nevada: $99,000-$153,500, New York: $111,000-$172,500