Who is Oatey?
Since 1916, Oatey has provided reliable, high-quality products for the residential and commercial plumbing industries, with a commitment to delivering quality, building trust and improving lives. Today, Oatey operates a comprehensive manufacturing and distribution network to supply thousands of products for professional builders, contractors, engineers and do-it-yourself consumers around the world.
The Oatey family of companies consists of brands that are synonymous with quality, integrity, and trust in the plumbing industry. We are Oatey, Cherne, Keeney, Quick Drain, Hercules, Dearborn, GF Thompson, Harvey, Masters, Contact, and Belanger.
What we're looking for...
The Content Specialist ensures exceptional execution of all product content marketing initiatives at Oatey. As an integral part of our effort to optimize our brand footprint across the channel and Oatey-owned platforms, you will support the development of high-quality, consistent and effective product content programs for Oatey’s 20,000+ product SKUs to appear in marketing materials, on Oatey websites and on the websites of Oatey’s wholesale and retail partners (Amazon, Home Depot, Lowes, Ferguson, etc.). Working closely with the Manager, Product Content, you will create content marketing elements that elevate Oatey’s online presence and drive traffic, engagement, leads, sales and customer retention.
Expectations & Accountabilities
- Collaborate across functions to execute an effective, holistic digital content strategy to meet business objectives
- Create, implement and enhance best-in-class digital product content marketing tactics that address consumer needs and are optimized for retailer search engines
- Conduct content audits to identify areas of opportunity to improve marketing copy, product images, videos and other digital marketing assets, then execute those improvements
- Support new product launches with the development of A+ digital assets highlighting key selling features
- Maintain editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Review competitive and best-in-class product listings to identify industry trends and bring forward new opportunities to increase conversion
- Partner with the Copywriter, Product Content to develop how-to-project guides and video scripts
- Coordinate, attend and direct product marketing video and photo shoots
- Working with associates across the marketing team, integrate content programs with brand, digital and marketing communications efforts to drive demand
- Follow an editorial calendar and develop/manage organization workflows
- Organize, upload and manage digital files within Oatey’s product information management (PIM) system
What you'll need to be successful
- Ability to analyze and present content performance
- Proficiency in MS Office and Content Management Software
- Understanding of search engine optimization
- Project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English
- Creative mindset
- Proven team player
Qualifications that will set you apart
- Experience working with graphic designers, photographers and/or videographers
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
Education and Certification
- BA/BS in marketing, communications or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At Oatey, our purpose has always been to deliver quality, build trust and improve lives through the products that we make.
- Oatey fosters an environment that embraces diversity - acknowledging, valuing, and utilizing the unique experiences and perspectives of our associates.
- We value Collaboration, Integrity, Respect, Courage, Leadership, and Excellence above all else.
- Our vision is to remain and continue to grow as a market leader, to enrich the lives of our Associates, to challenge the status quo, and to foster an inclusive environment in every regard.
- Our purpose, mission, and vision are not possible without the right people, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive, engaging, and rewarding environment for our Associates.
- Oatey has a total rewards philosophy which encompasses compensation, benefits, work-life effectiveness, recognition, performance management, tuition reimbursement, mental health wellness, and talent development.
- Come join the Oatey team, where we’re big enough to matter and small enough that YOU matter!
Oatey Total Rewards
- Competitive pay based on experience and merit
- Annual Cash Profit Sharing (discretionary)
- Health Insurance for our associates averages $100 or less a month (single coverage)
- Generous benefits including up to $1,000 company contribution to Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with a 5% company match
- Tuition reimbursement in an environment that encourages advancement
- Associate well-being benefits including CALM App and mental health therapy options
- Recognized for our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion