Experience writers are central to the human-centered design process. They collaborate with designers, researchers, and data strategists to make experiences more intuitive for users across digital channels. They rely on intuition and empathy for the user to consider edge cases and non-linear paths.
Experience writers have strong synthesis abilities and can make complex concepts understandable for non-technical audiences. They are comfortable writing website content for B2B or B2C contexts. They analyze websites and other digital products to identify key opportunities for improving the user experience as it relates to content.
- You write content for websites (and other digital experiences) that considers user needs, business goals, and key marketing objectives
- You collaborate with designers on content design, ensuring that content is rendered effectively and as intended
- You support your colleagues and share your work in client working sessions, stakeholder interviews, and user research activities
- You analyze existing content assets via targeted audits and competitive analyses, translating findings into editorial/UX recommendations
- You provide editorial feedback to other experience writers and teammates
- You assist in the development of editorial guidelines and calendars
- You recommend source materials and copy direction
Note: This opportunity is available for either NYC or Denver and Ogilvy will be filling several UX copywriter open roles.
- You have 3+ years of experience writing website content - we'd love to see your portfolio!
- B2B client experience is a plus
- You work independently, manage your time, and meet deadlines with appropriate support
- You can articulate the thought process and rationale behind your work, including specific word choices, to teammates and stakeholders
- You collaborate with client partners multiple times a week to understand the nuances of their business and translate that into user-centered copy
- You are comfortable developing new activities and processes to solve problems
- You are comfortable working with quantitative and qualitative data to guide editorial recommendations and content
- You accept editorial direction and feedback with grace (from colleagues and clients alike)
- You’re comfortable using Microsoft Office Suite and Keynote
- While not required, experience with content management tools and Sketch are both a plus
Ogilvy welcomes diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities and all else, and we strive to create an equitable and inclusive environment for all.
Ogilvy is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
You can read more about Diversity & Inclusion at Ogilvy here and see the explicit commitments our U.S. leadership made earlier this year to anti-racism here.
If you are unable or limited in your ability to use access the Ogilvy career site as a result of a disability, we will be happy to assist you. Please call our Corporate HR department at 212-880-5291 to request an alternate accommodation. Please note that only requests for an employment application accommodation will be returned.
Interested? Apply for this role