About the Opportunity
Our mission is to help the next billion people experience the future of finance. We’re looking for a leader to help define the future of content design for our products, set strategies, and develop a culture of excellent content in all areas where we interact with customers. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan, and while this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote-first and believe in you working wherever you work best.
You will play a key role in establishing an exceptional writing function and executing content strategy leading a team of content designers to advance our voice and content standards. Reporting to the Head of Design, you will collaborate with design, research, product, marketing and localization teams to deliver clear, empathetic, engaging content experiences that humanize our product, and align to customer needs and business needs. This is an exciting opportunity to drive a clear vision for how we connect with customers, improve user experiences, and make crypto accessible to all.
What You’ll Achieve
- Coach team members to increase their impact, develop their strengths and grow their careers
- Provide guidance and feedback for you team’s in-flight design work to ensure your team delivers exemplary work consistent with the product and experience strategy
- Lead a team of talented content designers
- Empower designers to grow and develop their own influence within the team and organization
- Build internal community (for example, drive inclusion, onboard new employees, and connect people on your team with new opportunities)
- Build a diverse and inclusive environment across the team, model inclusive behaviors, and hold managers accountable
- Shape team strategy, identifying risks and prioritizing opportunities. Set clear expectations and goals for individuals and the team
- Focus on practices for recruiting and retaining top talent
- Foster an environment for creativity and growth, and eliminate roadblocks for your team
- Become a trusted, strategic partner to product stakeholders by clearly communicating and demonstrating the value of content design, and by delivering insights that lead to demonstrable business value
What We Look For In You
- 7+ years experience designing and shipping high-quality, impactful, end-to-end experiences as a design lead and/or manager
- 2+ years experience in people management, with a proven track record of sourcing and growing talent within an organization
- Proven success shaping design processes and environments to empower individual contributors to do their best work
- A portfolio that shows work where you were directly responsible for the success of the products execution and launch
- Experience leading a team of 3 or more content designers
- The ability to mentor and foster the talent and skillsets of a team of designers. This includes magnifying individual strengths, while also coaching for areas of improvement
- Experience overseeing Voice and Tone guidelines for web and mobile applications
- The ability to strategically influence product roadmaps by partnering with cross-functional partners
- Promotes content design in the broader community of design and content professionals
- Comfort in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders
Nice to Haves
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones
- Fluent in Mandarin
Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone. We make it easy to buy and sell crypto and provide access to passive income-earning opportunities.
The Experience team at Okcoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives, designers, technologists and writers that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Content design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Experience team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing customer needs and business objectives.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.