We are seeking people who can deliver quick, creative digital solutions to complex, interesting problems. You will use your skills to collaboratively deliver elegant, accessible and user-focused digital products and services.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a Senior User Experience Specialist/Content Designer, you will:
- provide expertise to project and operations teams in developing and executing online user experience/content strategy as part of the agile development software life cycle
- provide advice and guidance on all aspects of user experience/content design strategy, assessing user characteristics, needs, goals, and opportunities
- develop processes to define and test usability requirements and metrics
- lead and negotiate the development of user experience/content standards and performance measures, and produce design concepts/content strategy for digital services
- design broader online information and services
- conduct stakeholder and subject matter expert consultations to determine and assess business needs
- design and lead multiple concurrent projects
- lead and direct the development of website content, structures and features
How do I qualify?
- You have experience in web accessibility standards (W3C-WCAG, AODA)
- You have a strong understanding and experience in lean UX methodologies (producing minimal documentation – basic wires and specs - and collaborating with other designers and developers to build)
- You have experience designing/building web user interfaces and navigation design using markup languages and front-end frameworks
- You have knowledge of user experience/content design and strategy principles, methodologies and techniques
- You have human-centred design experience and expertise in developing and executing strategies that improve the overall user interactions with digital products and services, resulting in measurable improvements and positive user feedback.
- You have led the design of complex digital services from concept to production and you can draw on your expertise to develop and maintain a high bar for user experience standards and performance measures.
- You prioritize generative user research and promote continuous user validation as early and as frequent as possible.
Communications and Interpersonal Skills
- You have effective communications, collaboration and negotiation skills to participate in team discussions, make solution recommendations and document/explain work.
- You thrive on feedback and are comfortable transforming ideas generated through user research and analysis to create a better user experience.
- You have a strong commitment to customer service excellence, teamwork and collaboration.
- You are a team player who can navigate complex environments and situations, balance a variety of viewpoints and mobilize multiple actors to achieve consensus, generate support and produce meaningful outcomes.
- You communicate with structure and clarity.
- You are responsive to change and the needs of clients, team members and partners.
Analyzing and Problem-Solving Skills
- You have experience in researching industry best practices to support the development of strategy and standards, and to apply them your work (e.g. security and accessibility by design).
- You can work with management or colleagues to anticipate and resolve project issues.
- You can evaluate evidence-based tools such as web analytics, visitor feedback, and performance metrics.
- You can identify emerging trends and design research projects.
Project Management Skills
- You have experience in undertaking and leading parts of complex projects of different sizes, ensuring alignment to project plans and best practice, and incorporating user centered design processes and methodologies.
- You are versed in Agile Project Management Delivery methods and tools
Address:1 Temporary, duration up to 18 months, 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, Toronto Region
Compensation Group: Ontario Public Service Employees UnionUnderstanding the job ad - definitions
Category: Information Technology
Posted on:Monday, May 31, 2021
How to apply:
- You must apply online by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers. You must enter the job id number in the Job ID search field to locate the job ad.
- Your cover letter and resume combined should not exceed five (5) pages. For tips and tools on how to write a concise cover letter and resume, review the Writing a Cover Letter and Resume: Tips, Tools and Resources.
- Customize your cover letter and resume to the qualifications listed on the job ad. Using concrete examples, you must show how you demonstrated the requirements for this job. We rely on the information you provide to us.
- Read the job description to make sure you understand this job.
- OPS employees are required to quote their WIN EMPLOYEE ID number when applying.
- If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please Contact Us to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours.
Please be advised that the results of this competition may be used to form an eligibility list of qualified candidates to potentially fill future vacancies represented by the Ontario Public Service Employees Union (OPSEU). In accordance with the Collective Agreement, eligibility lists are shared with OPSEU representatives. By applying to this competition, you are providing consent that your name may be shared with OPSEU representatives.
All external applicants (including former employees of the Ontario Public Service) applying to a competition in a ministry or Commission public body must disclose (either in the cover letter or resume) previous employment with the Ontario Public Service. Disclosure must include positions held, dates of employment and any active restrictions as applicable from being rehired by the Ontario Public Service. Active restrictions can include time and/or ministry-specific restrictions currently in force, and may preclude a former employee from being offered a position with the Ontario Public Service for a specific time period (e.g. one year), or from being offered a position with a specific ministry (either for a pre-determined time period or indefinitely). The circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment.
Remember: The deadline to apply is Monday, June 21, 2021 11:59 pm EDT. Late applications will not be accepted.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
Job advertisements for positions that have been designated bilingual will be provided in both English and French on the website. Positions that are not designated bilingual are not translated and are displayed in English only on both the English and French versions of the website.
Les annonces d'emploi pour les postes désignés bilingues sont publiées en anglais et en français sur le site Web. Les annonces pour les postes qui ne sont pas désignés bilingues ne sont pas traduites et elles figurent en anglais seulement, tant dans la version française que dans la version anglaise du site.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer.
Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Note: The only website where you can apply online for positions with the Ontario Public Service is http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca