Onward Search needs a UX Writer for a financial services client.
You’ll join an in-house agency team to create and align experiences across diverse platforms and devices, integrating the company’s personality and applying UX best practices and research findings. You’ll also help define copy style and patterns and support the scaling of nascent UX writing guidelines.
This is a remote six-month project opportunity. Considering candidates located in the U.S. and able to work EST hours.
As a UX Writer, you’ll:
- Craft a variety of content, including microcopy (buttons, error messages, help text, click triggers, success states, empty states, etc.), product copy (instructions, FAQs, tooltips, onboarding, etc.), in-product marketing (splash screens, modals, etc.), and transactional notifications
- Edit content drafted by others, focused on clarity, consistency and voice
- Check-in and collaborate with product teams and UX designers and researchers
- Capture and prioritize needs as they come in, always looking for ways to improve how the team works together
- Package up and present recent projects and wins in team meetings
- Identify areas of opportunity, then work with a UX Researcher to test your hypothesis with a new copy
Skills & Experience needed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in English, Journalism, Marketing/Communications, or a related field
- 5 years of experience with UX writing, content strategy, technical writing or other customer-facing documentation
- A portfolio of relevant work samples with a UX focus; including problems you helped solve, your contributions, and your impact on the customer
- A versatile writer who has created sharp copy across a variety of digital experiences (web, mobile and email in the financial services industry
- Ability to craft impactful communications across a spectrum of styles and genres
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- Experience working directly with designers, product managers, researchers, and other subject matter experts
- Strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers and peers and developers from inception through implementation
- Experience with UX writing for complex workflows, software products
- Experience working with user research and analyzing customer feedback
- Demonstrated history of understanding customer data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and leveraging it for developing precise content
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
To learn more about this UX Writer opportunity, apply now and chat with a recruiter today!
What’s in our benefits packages:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Program
- Commuter Benefit
- Education Reimbursement
- Ongoing Training & Development
*To qualify for our benefits package, you must work over 30 hours per week and the length of the assignment must be a minimum of 10 weeks.