The OHSU Foundation (OHSUF) is one of the largest public university foundations in the Northwest and exists to advance OHSU’s vital mission of creating a healthier world by igniting the power of philanthropy. OHSUF is a mission-driven organization, unrelentingly committed to both our donors and our employees. We work hard, collaborate with brilliant and passionate colleagues, and innovate to inspire transformational giving. At the heart of it all, we connect people’s passion with impact.
If you’re looking for a meaningful and rewarding career, this could be the perfect place for you! To learn more about our work, check out these incredible stories of impact.
- Priority Application Deadline: 5/23/22
- Reports to: Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Note – salary is dependent on experience, and new employees will typically start around the Q2 level ($57,000) to allow for later growth within the salary band. The OHSU Foundation has a structured process for determining starting compensation, taking into account years of related experience, applicable skills, knowledge and abilities, market parity, and internal equity.
The OHSU Foundation also offers an exceptional benefits package including comprehensive medical and dental insurance, a 12% pension program, 22 days of paid vacation, paid holidays and volunteer time off, professional development dollars, and much more!
The Digital Content Producer serves as a core member of the foundation’s communications team, leading efforts to source and produce a variety of multi-channel content that uses dynamic storytelling to advance the mission of the OHSU Foundation and support fundraising goals. The content producer also acts as principal writer for blog, social, email and other cross-platform projects, and supports the digital communications lead in creating content to enhance donor engagement in digital environments and grow online giving. Finally, the content producer helps partner on foundation-wide efforts to grow the donor pipeline, including through annual giving programs, and serves as a relationship manager to multiple OHSU teams to source story leads.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
90% - Lead content sourcing and production for multi-channel and multimedia communications
- Source, research, conduct interviews, write and edit content to support fundraising and stewardship across multiple platforms, including:
- Foundation blog
- Annual giving communications
- Foundation print and digital publications
- Social media channels
- Email communications
- Partner with multiple colleagues to brainstorm and develop creative and compelling content ideas that advance fundraising and stewardship goals
- Provide content production support for foundation annual giving and pipeline development programs, and complex multi-channel projects, such as year-end giving campaign
- Partner with foundation and OHSU colleagues to pursue story ideas and leverage/repurpose content across multiple channels
- Coordinate email communications for the Foundation, collaborating with Annual Giving and the Director of Digital Strategy and Engagement on content strategy, cadence and audiences
- Develop email content in partnership with stakeholders, including Annual Giving
- Execute email from story sourcing to completion, including building and sending
- Execute monthly eNews, in partnership with Senior Content Strategist
10% - Manage and support general and special communications projects
- Collaborate on program and content development for major projects and events
- Support videography and photography needs for the foundation, as needed
- Proofread a range of communications materials
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptional writing, editing and research skills
- Excellent storytelling skills that span print, digital and multimedia formats
- Strong interviewing experience
- Ability to build strong working relationships with diverse partners
- Proven ability to work both independently and in highly collaborative team environments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage time and work successfully to meet project deadlines
- Functional graphic design skills and working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Functional photography, videography and audio storytelling skills
- Familiarity with digital communications tools and content management systems, such as Marketing Cloud and WordPress
- 3- 5 years professional experience in various forms of communications content production, with a mix of print, digital and multimedia content production experience preferred
- Experience working in a nonprofit environment
- Experience creating/overseeing the production of professional-level multimedia content (e.g., videos, animation, audio files)
- Flexible and off-site working hours occasionally necessary to accommodate reactive deadlines and project needs
- Prolonged use of computer
We want to emphasize that there is no such thing as the perfect candidate. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet every single position requirement, but do use your application to let us know what excites you about the role and what transferrable skills or other qualities you would bring to the table!
WORKING FOR US
Here are just a few of the things that make the OHSU Foundation an exceptional place to work:
- Our work has an impact - Our fundraising fuels research in cancer, heart disease, and Alzheimer’s (amongst other things), and helps support one of the nation’s top children’s hospitals.
- We value inclusion – We believe that diversity and equity are imperative to our success. From an Equity Committee to employee resource groups to trainings and workshops to a partnership with De La Salle North, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture where all employees are empowered to do great work—and where the best decisions are made because they’re informed by multiple, diverse perspectives.
- We have amazing benefits – Beyond excellent medical, dental, vision, and paid family leave benefits, we also have a generous pension plan. Yes, we said pension plan.
- We believe in work/life balance – We offer substantial PTO and paid family leave, as well as 10 paid holidays, 1 floating holiday, and volunteer time off. Plus, we have a flexible work environment for those who prefer a hybrid work schedule, and we close early on Fridays during the summer.
- We support employee growth – Each employee has an annual allotment of professional development and tuition reimbursement dollars, as well as full access to LinkedIn Learning.
- We have fun – Think ice cream socials, ugly sweater competitions, chair massages, puppy “snuggle express” sessions, and bagel Fridays.
If this sounds like your kind of place, apply today!