Join us at Otter.ai in transforming the way remote teams work and communicate. Our AI-powered collaborative note-taking app works across Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams to help teams record, transcribe, search and share meeting notes. In addition, we are making virtual meetings accessible to all employees - allowing team members with disabilities to participate in a world that is now dominated by virtual meetings.
Try us out today, download Otter.ai in the Appstore and on Google Play or sign up at http://otter.ai
With over 10M users experiencing Otter.ai, we are making an impact at scale and we are growing fast. Our team is made up of top talent from companies like Google, Facebook, Yahoo!, Microsoft, Pinterest, Spotify, and Plaid. We are backed by leading investors that include David Cheriton (Google’s first investor), Tim Draper (Draper Associates), Spectrum Equity, Horizons Ventures, GGV Capital, and Duke University.
About the role
As the UX Writer, you will
- Set the vision for how for content is designed into the overall product experience
- Have a natural way with words
- Bring a strong sense of empathy for Otter's target audience
- Partner with designers, engineers and product leads to ensure language is carefully woven into the product experience
- Ensure our tone of voice and copy is seamless and consistent UX across iOS, Android, Web platforms
- Analyze product KPIs in order to evaluate effectiveness of existing and proposed copy
- Write concise, compelling, well-crafted messaging that guides the user effortlessly through the product and positively reflects the brand
- Understand user needs and motivations uncovered in research, user testing, customer surveys, communicate research insights, and integrate them into content design ideas that contribute to magical user features and functionality
- Continually iterate and evolve to drive user engagement and social sharing to increase retention, virality, and network effect
- Co-create marketing content ideas for all mediums, app, web, corporate website, email, print, and copywriting
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design standards across all products
- Work with design leadership to improve our design processes, prototyping new approaches to the work
Do you enjoy building products that consumers and team members love to use? We are looking for a seasoned product designer to design and create intuitive, compelling experiences for our Otter consumer app (iOS, Android, and Web), as well as enterprise-grade administration portal for our Otter Business product. Our core product is gaining rapid adoption, and we believe this role can help us improve the way people and teams communicate. The right person thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile start-up environment and will enjoy the freedom to explore and develop product experiences that change the way we communicate.We expect you to have
- 5+ years of UX product writing experience
- A background in communications together with a solid understanding of the UX process
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Creative and analytical mindset
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to understand data and convert it into effective copy
- Portfolio that demonstrates your ability to design magical UX through the power of language
- Designing cross-platform, mobile and web, B2C and B2B, productivity and collaboration applications with millions of users
- Strong communications skills to present and defend designs and key deliverables
- Passion to solve real customer problems and obsession to delight users
- Sound judgment in when to leverage existing user behavior vs. require users to adopt a new behavior
- Willingness to iterate until we get things right
- Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline from a top design school
- Stock. Be a [literal] stakeholder in our company’s future.
- Food. Yes. Even during COVID we’ll get you food. And even more once we’re back in the office.
- Fun. We host team lunches weekly and team events bi-quarterly.
- People. Work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- Health and Saving. Receive the benefits of comprehensive health, dental, vision and disability insurance.
*Otter.ai is an equal opportunity employer. We proudly celebrate diversity and are dedicated to inclusivity.
**Please note: Otter.ai does not accept unsolicited resumes from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for permanent placements. Any resume or other candidate information submitted outside of established candidate submission guidelines (including through our website or via email to any Otter.ai employee) and without a written agreement otherwise will be deemed to be our sole property, and no fee will be paid should we hire the candidate.