OutSystems Engineering is known for working on highly complex problems while focusing on keeping the product extremely easy to use, allowing us to lead the future of software development. The OutSystems engineering team has developed its own visual coding language, compilers to transform it into optimized high code, smart assistant AI mechanisms to accelerate development (TrueChange), code flow optimization mechanisms, and additional PaaS services that allow customers to easily develop powerful applications. The team empowers customers to tame all the hassles of complex software development under a powerful yet simple-to-use platform.
How can you help us?
We are looking for a senior UX writer and content strategist to join our User Experience group. This is a multidisciplinary group made up of several disciplines—product design, UX/UI, content, product communication, and user research—to create a cohesive experience and narrative for OutSystems products.
As a senior UX writer, you’ll be responsible for determining how the product speaks to the users, which includes developing, editing, and maintaining UX copy (such as labeling, notifications, messages, and descriptions) for OutSystems products. You’ll also collaborate with Product Managers and Product Marketing to define the content strategy and product communication for a specific product area.
- Write and edit exceptional UX copy for OutSystems products in natural language, focusing on clarity, consistency, and understandability, addressing very technical audiences —mostly developers and IT professionals.
- Work on content strategy and product communication assets.
- Evolve language and tone guidelines for the product copy, promote style consistency and best practices, and define cohesive narratives across our products.
- Mentor and coach designers, product managers, and engineers to write UX copy that brings confidence to users. Help other teams understand content design by sharing best practice and through active collaboration.
- Use data and user research to evaluate, and improve UX copy.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, as well as superb communication skills.
- An expert in content and user experience design, with experience in establishing and executing content strategy for large and complex software platforms.
- Software development experience in any programming language is a big plus.
- A portfolio demonstrating your experience in software copy.
- Ability to analyze data, and eager to find opportunities to use the data and user insights to make recommendations on improving user experiences and solving problems.
- You value a continuous and consistent experience across the user journey.
- You are flexible and positive and are eager to collaborate with UX and UI designers, researchers, product managers, technical writers, and engineers.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment and able to embrace iterative product development. You react well to feedback.
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency and a high level of attention to detail.
- Test product concepts, software flows, or pieces of content with users to assess comprehension, using that feedback to push for improvements.
What can you expect from OutSystems:
- The possibility to disrupt the software development market;
- A company that cares about employees wellbeing and provides a safe and comfortable work environment, even during adverse times;
- A world-class software engineering team with peers and leaders that are inspired to learn and share what they know;
- A fast-growing company that provides many opportunities for you to grow;
- Fun from day one: a relaxed work environment, colleagues from diverse backgrounds, and with a diverse range of interests, fun company events.
Curious about OutSystems culture? Find out more in The Small Book of The Few Big Rules.
Interested? Apply for this role