DCX is a full-service digital and marketing agency and transformation group, with expertise spanning many years and across numerous industries. We combine the power of data with compelling creative and digital technology to help brands connect better with their customers to deliver better outcomes.
There are over 300 of us amazing humans who make up the DCX family – spreading far and wide across EMEA (London, Edinburgh, Dublin, Jelenia Góra, Sofia) and the US (Boston). All with a wide and diverse skill set. No one person is the same, and we each bring a unique element that helps DCX to succeed.
As Principal Content Strategist in our consulting practice, you’ll undertake a vital role in the business, sitting at the intersection of a number of different disciplines including user experience, design, digital business strategy and technology.
You’ll help to grow the DCX content proposition and discipline. You’ll also define and lead digital content requirements for new and existing clients, ensuring content is used to drive customer value across the touchpoints we create. This could include advising on the environment in which content is served, how it is organised, managed and structured, and the ways in which content is merchandised or personalised to compel customers to take action.
To support this, you should have a strong understanding of both the commercial and brand aspects of digital content, as well as experience in shaping content strategies for clients across a range of digital touchpoints in B2B and B2C environments.
- Plan and facilitate content strategy workshops and help clients understand content gaps and requirements for new digital platforms based on user/stakeholder research
- Assess, catalogue, and analyse the performance of website, app and portal content. Create content inventories and audits plus develop and refine information architectures
- Drive the vision, development and organization of content that is useful, compelling and meaningful across our client’s owned media, commercial channels and indirectly through distributed content
- Content Design for the digital products we build: Help create user journey flows, information hierarchies and content briefs in support of new website/app builds and ongoing UX/CRO initiatives
- Brief digital content and experience requirements for UXers, designers, developers, and copywriters
- Direct, edit and refine web content written by others
- Help create, edit, and organise content within Content Management Systems
- Use analytics to measure and report on the impact of content strategies and identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Ensure any content produced considers key SEO requirements such as keyword research and internal linking best practice
- Act as spokesperson and thought leader for the discipline, with blogs webinars and other marketing activity
- Support the new business drive by contributing to pitches and pre-sales activity
- Help to identify, hire and manage new content roles within DCX
What we're looking for:
- 10+years of experience as a content strategist, editor or content designer, preferably within an agency setting
- Proven track record defining strategies for new websites, large platforms and app builds
- Experience refining information architecture, user flows and sitemaps for new digital platforms
- Experience planning and managing content production and migration schedules for new websites
- An assured understanding of how to identify problems and measure the success of content using reporting tools such as Google Analytics
- Ability to create or hone web/digital touchpoint copy that also supports SEO best practice
- The ability to work collaboratively with writers, data analysts, designers, UXers and web developers
- Able to ‘sell’ a proposition and present complex topics in an easy-to-understand way to business stakeholders
- Ability to identify, manage and grow a content team
- CRO and optimisation programme experience
- Drupal CMS expertise
- Understanding of technical SEO and keyword research
- Experience developing and implementing on-site personalisation strategies
Not only do we make things better for our clients, but we also strive to do the same for our people. That’s why we have a whole host of extras to make DCX the place you see yourself settling for in the long run. We put our focus on your health, wealth, happiness, and growth to create a safe and inclusive space for you to thrive. Whether it’s about having access to ongoing development opportunities, the ability to work flexibly, taking time to socialise and connect with your colleagues, or the chance to make a difference in the community, we’ll support you with it.
Our values are Excellence, Passion, Integrity, and Collaboration, and together, we make the quest to do business better.
If DCX sounds like the place for you, apply now.